E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BMW E46 Integrated Bluetooth and Voice Command for Less than $100 Pictorial DIY

608K views 1K replies 289 participants last post by  jeffbert 
#1 · (Edited)
FIRST OFF: I must give much props and thanks to SycE46 for giving me the idea for doing this. He had already did this DIY on his car by the time I started it on mine and without his advice and directions this Pictorial DIY Project would not have been possible. Thsnks SycE46!

This DIY is for adding Bluetooth with Voice Command features to your 1998 to 2006 BMW E46 Sedan, Coupes and Convertibles. This DIY focuses on integrating an aftermarket bluetooth and voice command into the BMW Business CD53 Radio (all year Blaupunkt or Alpine models) so that you control your mobile phone's incoming and outgoing calls only using the steering wheel buttons and your voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3quf3KGjY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2xgV9v9Iak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0uJwknn3qw

The DIY difficulty of this project is very easy and takes the average Joe about 30-40 minutes. The only tools required are clean fingers, a star point screw driver and flat clean dull butter knife for prying the dash trim off. There is no splicing wires, no removing seats or console armrest, no adding antennas on your roof or digging around your trunk for cables. This DIY ONLY requires removal of the Radio, Center Vent and Glove Box (total of 10 screws) and everything else is plug and play. Some DIYs state that removal of the A P!llar is necessary for running the mic to the headliner but I will show you that it is NOT necessary to remove the A P!llar.

The cost of this DIY can vary. You will need to purchase the Connects2 CTPPAR007 steering wheel integration kit from the UK vendor
( http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lc...+bluetooth+steering+wheel+adapter/pid/7642231 ) and their price is set at £49.99 (about $80.00 USD). And next you will need to order the Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth kit (it is also called the Parrot ck3000 evolution) which can cost from $9.00 and up on eBay. You do not need to buy anything else nor can you substitute other Parrot Bluetooth kits or aftermarket Steering Wheel/Radio Adapter harnesses. It will not work here. Also do not get tempted to save money on the CTPPAR007 and buy another similar Steering Wheel Control Adapter harness-and they are lots out there that claim to work with various bluetooth kits. It will not work here. This DIY will ONLY WORK with the CTPPAR007 and the Parrot ck3000 together!

When said and done this DIY will upgrade your BMW with much of what the OEM Bluetooth does including instant and automatic pairing and unpairing when you enter or exit the car, one button touch voice command, one button touch redial and full radio and steering wheel integration. The only thing you will not get is full Caller ID read out on your radio display-instead it will display PHONE or WAIT. This is something I can do without as I may have people sitting in my car and I do not want them to see who is calling me (see under girlfriend).

PART ONE: Looking at what we got

Here I got everything I needed off eBay. You need the CTPPAR007 kit which you can also find on eBay or eBay.co.uk. The vendor states that the CTPPAR007 is for the 1998 to 2001 E46 and the CTPPAR008 is for the 2002 to 2005 E46. This is wrong the CTPPAR007 has the 17 pin style connecter that all year BMW E46 cars and all year BMW Business CD53 Radios come with.
The CTPPAR008 is the flat style 40 pin connector that is found on the 2006+ E90 BMWs. So that will not work on the E46.

When you open the Parrot ck3000 kit you will see the obvious main bits (the blue box, the mic and the controller) and you will also see a bag filled with a few wire harnesses and a black rectangular module for connecting to the radio and allowing for the mute function. You do not need this since the CTPPAR007 will replace this portion of the ck3000 kit. Also you MUST HAVE the ck3000 Controller connected to the main blue box in order for the CTPPAR007 to make the steering wheel buttons work with the kit. You do not need the controller on your dash when using the Bluetooth as it only needs to be connected so you can tuck it behind the glovebox with the other modules.

See less See more
#238 ·
Unbelievable! DROID DOESN'T ... support voice dialing. I can't believe I did this whole DIY and never thought to see if my phone supports it. Well, I just assumed Android would do BASICS like voice dialing. I was wrong. Egg on me. And Android! I can only hope they push out voice dialing capabilities via a software update in the future. I had to search some phone forums to find this out.

There is a 'voice dialer' application on the phone, but the phone's bluetooth profile doesn't support BT voice dialing. I really hope that is something they can iron out with an android update. I've made a 'work around' by assigning the voice dialer to the side button as a shortcut, so now I have to press the button on the phone instead of the button on the wheel to voice dial.

OP: Great, clear, easy DIY. Thanks again... everything YOU did was good. :)

#239 ·
WOW...No BT Voice Dial on the "droid", just googled myself. Quite a few angry "droid" users out there. Unbelievable oversight on Google's part.

Well, you'll have to look into the Parrot's "MagicWords", "keywords", and "voiceprints" for some increased handsfree functionality.

#240 ·
re: MagicWords - I recommend AGAINST enabling the feature. My reasons for this are limited, but here they are:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
1. I have a blackberry that supports voice dialling from its contact list very well.<o:p></o:p>
2. I did not (nor do I really know how) transfer any contacts to the parrot.<o:p></o:p>
3. Using the word "HANGUP" to terminate a call only worked about 70-80% of the time.<o:p></o:p>
4. The parrot hears the word "PHONE" or "CALL" or any other word close to that in normal conversation with someone in the car & activates voice dialling.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
#4 was happening quite a lot. I didn't immediately link the behaviour to the MagicWords feature until I read delmarco***8217;s post about enabling it & thought ***8220;damit, I bet that***8217;s what***8217;s happening***8221;. Since I have disabled the feature, the sporadic activations have cleared up.<o:p></o:p>

#241 ·
Awesome! I've been looking for a way to set this up in my 2002 330i. After getting a rental car with the "Sync Powered by Microsoft" a couple weeks ago I fell in love with my Blackberry paired-up with the radio. Make life as a sales guy much easier!!!

Before I pull the trigger on this I just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct equipment. Car manufacture date June 2002.

Parts needed:
Parrott CK3000
Connects2 CTPPAR007

Would someone (delmarco maybe???) mind confirming this???

TIA!!

#242 ·
CTPPAR007 is for the 17 Pin Round BMW connector
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lc...+bluetooth+steering+wheel+adapter/pid/7642231

CTPPAR008 is for the 40 Pin Flat BMW connector
http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lc...+bluetooth+steering+wheel+adaptor/pid/7759698

You probably don't want to pull the radio and look, but it's better than ordering the wrong part. According to the specs, the 2002 uses the 40 pin block.

Parrot CK3000 Evo is correct. This is the one that I purchased...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360210138192&viewitem=

#243 · (Edited)
Do NOT listen the the website specs about the 40 pin 008 connector. If you've read this thread (didn't you JLondon??) it is repeated many times that the e46 business CD headunit all the way to 2005 ONLY uses the 17 pin round connector (007). This assumes you have the Business CD unit because if you have NAV or some other headunit like a 16:9 (see here http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11394477&postcount=227)it may be different and need the 40 pin.

So, yes, you need the Connects2 CTPPAR007 and the Parrot ck3000.

Here's a tip I posted earlier in this thread...save money!..buy the Eclipse BT-e500 or BT-e600 instead of the Parrot ck3000. Actually they are the SAME thing rebranded. The same store that JLondon linked where he bought his Parrot on ebay sells the BT-e500/600 for $39 instead of $69.

Hope that helps.

#244 · (Edited)
Do NOT listen the the website specs about the 40 pin 008 connector. If you've read this thread (didn't you JLondon??) it is repeated many times that the e46 business CD headunit all the way to 2005 ONLY uses the 17 pin round connector (007). This assumes you have the Business CD unit because if you have NAV or some other headunit like a 16:9 (see here http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11394477&postcount=227)it may be different and need the 40 pin.

So, yes, you need the Connects2 CTPPAR007 and the Parrot ck3000.

Here's a tip I posted earlier in this thread...save money!..but the Eclipse BT-e500 or BT-e600 instead of the Parrot ck3000. Actually they are the SAME thing rebranded. The same store that JLondon linked where he bought his Parrot on ebay sells the BT-e500/600 for $39 instead of $69.

Hope that helps.
I have the Business CD Head Unit. No Nav, No CD Changer, No iPod connector...yes, I'm a loser...LOL.

This is what I thought, but wanted to be sure. I will check into the Eclipse BT-e500 and BT-e600.

Edit: Wow! $39.95 on e-bay with no shipping costs. Thanks for the tip!

#248 ·
Awesome diy! thanks Delmarco and gang for great info. I bought the eclipse version of the ck3000 and for now had to get the quick connect harness QCBMW-R with no steering wheel controls. Anyone have this setup and know which wires goes to which. Since the Eclipse version has the wiring harness to go with the eclipse deck and the qcbmw-r harness is made for the oem parrot harness.... it's a mess. Thanks in advance.

#250 ·
Japane Red - read the DIY again. You DO NOT need any of the extra wiring harness stuff that comes with the Eclipse package. Just toss it or set it aside. The DIY clearly shows in pictures the three pieces of the Parrot/Eclipse kit that are used (at least with the Connects2 kit, can't say for others).

I don't know why you got that Quick Connect harness thingy, you shouldve got the Connects2 CTPARR007 as indicated in the DIY. Steve325 also got what you got I think and it works but he said it desn't have the same features and he wished he got the Connects2. The other thing is the Quick connect might need the universal harness that came with the actual Parrot branded product so may not work with the Eclipse product, but I'm not sure about that. Ask steve325.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

#251 ·
Thanks ZZen, your dead on I didn't get the connect2 or else i would have been golden with the detailed diy. Unfortunately not enough time to wait to get the other one. I'll need to use part of the eclipse harness with the QCBMW-R to get it working. Thnks i'll msg steve325 and see if he has any insight. Looks like i'll have to make one harness out of these two. thanks.

#253 ·
Thanks ZZen, your dead on I didn't get the connect2 or else i would have been golden with the detailed diy. Unfortunately not enough time to wait to get the other one. I'll need to use part of the eclipse harness with the QCBMW-R to get it working. Thnks i'll msg steve325 and see if he has any insight. Looks like i'll have to make one harness out of these two. thanks.
If you can solder, no problem ...

PM'ed you back

#252 ·
Trash the QCBMW-R...should only have cost $40 anyway. If you didn't buy the SW101C steering wheel controller, which is the more expensive piece (~$120), then you're losing out on the true benefit of "handsfree". Using the steering wheel controls is the main reason why I installed the kit in the first place.

#254 ·
Exactly!

OK, as steve325 says, you can solder yourself together a harness by hacking up the eclipse radio harness, etc, but youll have no steering wheel controls at all since you didn't get the wheel control module that works with the QuickConnect harness.

You must be in dire need of this right now?? It took less than two weeks to get my Connects2 kit from UK to Canada.

#256 ·
This diy made me look at my mess of wires and scratch my head since it was so nice and easy and no splicing or cutting up wires. I used the exisiting wiring harness for the parrot and the qcbmw-r and made it work with no big issues. I took some pics for any body who has to run this setup of the wire schematics.

To answer Zzen's questions yes I was too much in a rush to wait unfortunately and to me right now the steering wheel contorls i can do with out.

Thanks Steve325i for your want to help. I took pics to send to you but was able to figure it out with some trial and error.

Having fun taking the middle exhaust vent out and fitting the mic in the headliner. freaking tight. goign to put it all in tonight. now that the harness is done :)

#257 ·
I used the exisiting wiring harness for the parrot and the qcbmw-r and made it work with no big issues.
I'm glad it went smooth - well at least the radio harnes s part.

I also had issues with the vents. That was the first time I had to go back on the forum in the middle of a DIY for input.

I didn't have any issue with the mic though. I removed the screws & A-pillar cover to run it up.

#258 ·
Took my time and installed it. Bruced knuckles from trying to fit the wiring harness behind the deck and my good ol bmw ipod adapter. Eventually had to cut a piece of plastic out as it would not fit no matter what. Thanks guys.

I was being to gentle trying to push the mic through the headliner. looks so sleek nothing exposed.

#264 ·
I've heard some issues with the parrot mic. Any idea whether it would work with the oem mic? How does the quality of the call compare to the oem kit? Here is the part number 84316938762 for the new mic for e46. I do not want the mic sticking out of the roof.
Also is there anyway we can get a group buy for the connect 2 adapter as I see there is a lot of interest in this diy.

#267 · (Edited)
Anyone know if it is possible to wire this thing up to the trunk by splicing the wires and using the prewired bmw bluetooth? It seems that the connector is just a passthrough to the radio and has a few extra pins that are probably replicating those located on oem prewire in the trunk... I have also seen a few other solutions that plug into the trunk so I know its possible. It would be much nicer to just remove the trunk lining and plug this in. I do realize that we would either have to use an oem microphone or make a connector to put the one in the kit in its place. Anyone have wiring diagrams/ pinouts for the connectors??

#268 ·
found pinouts

Code:
Pin 1 RJ45-Pin 2
Pin 2 Not Used
Pin 3 Ground
Pin 4 Unswitched 12V (+)
Pin 5 Ignition 12V (+)
Pin 6 RJ45-Pin 1
Pin 7 Not Used
Pin 8 RJ45-Pin 7
Pin 9 Not Used
Pin 10 Radio Mute (Provide Ground to Mute)
Pin 11 RJ45-Pin 6
Pin 12 RJ45-Pin 5
Pin 13 Not Used
Pin 14 Microphone (+)
Pin 15 Microphone (-)
Pin 16 Ground
Pin 17 Unswitched 12V (+)
Pin 18 RJ45-Pin 4
Pin 19 Speaker (-)
Pin 20 Ground for Microphone
Pin 21 Not Used
Pin 22 Not Used
Pin 23 RJ45 Pin 8
Pin 24 RJ45 Pin 3
Pin 25 Speaker (+)
The pins that would be needed are 19&25 speaker, 20,14,15, microphone, and the RJ45 pins which i believe to be ibus(can someone verify)?

Also it might be possible to use the prewired antenna if the one in the parrot kit does not provide adequate reception from the trunk.

Why do this you ask? I just want it to be more like oem... plus im handy with a soldering iron and don't a want a jungle of cords in my dash.

#304 ·
found pinouts

Code:
Pin 1 RJ45-Pin 2
Pin 2 Not Used
Pin 3 Ground
Pin 4 Unswitched 12V (+)
Pin 5 Ignition 12V (+)
Pin 6 RJ45-Pin 1
Pin 7 Not Used
Pin 8 RJ45-Pin 7
Pin 9 Not Used
Pin 10 Radio Mute (Provide Ground to Mute)
Pin 11 RJ45-Pin 6
Pin 12 RJ45-Pin 5
Pin 13 Not Used
Pin 14 Microphone (+)
Pin 15 Microphone (-)
Pin 16 Ground
Pin 17 Unswitched 12V (+)
Pin 18 RJ45-Pin 4
Pin 19 Speaker (-)
Pin 20 Ground for Microphone
Pin 21 Not Used
Pin 22 Not Used
Pin 23 RJ45 Pin 8
Pin 24 RJ45 Pin 3
Pin 25 Speaker (+)
The pins that would be needed are 19&25 speaker, 20,14,15, microphone, and the RJ45 pins which i believe to be ibus(can someone verify)?
Just reviewing your previous post. I can't tell you what the RJ45 signals are, but I can tell you that the i-bus or k-bus is a bi-directional (multi-master) open-drain comunication line. It's pulled up to 12v - I don't know how hard.

So there are too many signals in the RJ45. The k-bus is a single wire that uses a common ground return.

#269 ·
Ok so I've done more reading and found that It is possible to bypass the parrot volume control and instead of inputing the audio signal into the left and right speakers, as the connects2, connect it in the trunk and allow it to be put into the tel+- speaker inputs (as they were meant for) also the microphone could be replaced with the oem connection in the trunk and allow for no running of cords to the front of the car. I believe that these modifications will make it better integrated.

Basically the connects2 harness needs to be modified to plug into the trunk connector for the phone and then plug and play. Im ordering the connects2 interface today so that I can test this.

Really the only thing the connects 2 harness will do in my setup is provide is send and receive ibus commands.

Can anyone comment on wether turning the volume knob on the radio will adjust the volume of the bluetooth sound with Del Marco's install? This may be critical in getting this to work

#270 ·
Ok so I've done more reading and found that It is possible to bypass the parrot volume control and instead of inputing the audio signal into the left and right speakers, as the connects2, connect it in the trunk and allow it to be put into the tel+- speaker inputs (as they were meant for) also the microphone could be replaced with the oem connection in the trunk and allow for no running of cords to the front of the car. I believe that these modifications will make it better integrated.

Basically the connects2 harness needs to be modified to plug into the trunk connector for the phone and then plug and play. Im ordering the connects2 interface today so that I can test this.

Really the only thing the connects 2 harness will do in my setup is provide is send and receive ibus commands.

Can anyone comment on wether turning the volume knob on the radio will adjust the volume of the bluetooth sound with Del Marco's install? This may be critical in getting this to work
Nope. Volume from the steering wheel + & - are interpreted & passed to the phone to increase its volume.

The parrot volume can also be preset with via the parrot menu and the HU volume does not adjust phone volume.

The way you are suggesting - pumping the phone L & R from the parrot into the phone inputs of the HU sounds very nice. It would remove the external relays on the speaker lines & make volume easier to control.

The parrot does do the softswitch nicely with no popping. I wonder how good the HU does this. I would be willing to rewire what I have if this is the way the OE is set up.

I haven't replied to your posts until now because I couldn't add anything concrete AND I do not have the connect2 - I have the quickconnectproducts with teh audicom SW101-C steeringwheel box.

btw - i am an electronics design engineer. You must have a similiar background.

#273 ·
Ordered the Connects2 CTPPAR007 on Feb 22. Received order acknowledgment on March 3. Payment transfer acknowledgment on March 8. Still waiting on delivery. Parrot came in within a couple of days. Looking forward to the install. Be prepared for the wait on the Connects2.

BTW - I have read through this entire thread a couple times. If you are starting here, read OP first. Delmarco nailed it first time. There are other good suggestions throughout.

#274 ·
I'm waiting on the Connects2 as well. Cideways, you may want to email them to follow-up. I followed up earlier this week and got response today that they are just now shipping out, ordered same day as you.

Went ahead and installed the Parrot mic while waiting. Great DIY and excellent instructions!

#475 ·
I'm waiting on the Connects2 as well. Cideways, you may want to email them to follow-up. I followed up earlier this week and got response today that they are just now shipping out, ordered same day as you.
I think that these DIY's are so good, it's causing backlogs for the vendors - they can't keep up...
Wish I could chime in here on my install experience but I have been waiting for my order to arrive from lowcostcaraudio.co.uk sine the 26th of March! Very poor customer service. Anyone else had trouble with them?
I was in my driveway this past Saturday about half way through this DIY:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414455

and the Postman had a package for me to sign for from the Royal Delivery Service - looks like I'll be at it again this weekend. Looking forward to this one...finally... :excited:

#277 · (Edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb1Jk1aoN9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itHT_iBYds

I moved my oem location for the mic grill closer to the driver side where my head is, and more aft in the cabin where the other passengers are.
I didn't have a problem with the mic before, but I'm told that my voice comes across more clearer and louder now.

I tried switching it over to the sunroof switch hole but I quickly realized that the sunroof switch is bigger and the switch hole is bigger than the mic grill and mic grill hole. So the mic grill was too small for the sunroof switch's hole and the sunroof switch didn't even fit into the mic grill's hole. So I decided to create a new cut out hole for the mic grill that was in a new position. I also added a BMW Bluetooth Assist/SOS switch at the same time, which incidentally our cars are prewired for and just filed down the original mic grill hole so that the sunroof switch could fit in there.

The BMW Bluetooth Assist button can be bought off eBay for about $10 to $25 (DO NOT buy the ones Murad Motors sells as he overprices his switches to $50 and they don't come prewired). Make sure you get the older style switch with the two buttons like in my pictures below. This is the switch our cars are prewired for and you will find the wiring for this switch inside your sunroof switch hatch.

Follow these steps.

Mark out your outline...make it slightly smaller than the actual hole that you will use

Then get a sharp knife and cut away at the plastic until you feel it flex at the cut so it just snaps off.

Your finished hole will be smaller which is good because you DO NOT want it to be too big.
So get your file and file down the edges. The plastic will file away really quickly so go slow.
If you are placing the sunroof switch on the original mic grill spot you will have to file that hole down as well since the mic grill hole is smaller than the sunroof switch

Finished product. Make sure everything is lined up and if you mess up just go down to the dealership and buy another hatch lid cover as they only cost around $17 to $23.
DO NOT buy the junkyard ones off eBay as those junk yard sellers tend to want $40 - $60 for the same part in dirty used condition. I have confirmed that the BMW dealership sells these parts for $17 to $23!

Inside view of the hatch showing the new location of my parrot ck3000 mic. I used a drop of krazy glue to get it to stay in place.

Final view when said and done!

#281 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb1Jk1aoN9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0itHT_iBYds

I moved my oem location for the mic grill closer to the driver side where my head is, and more aft in the cabin where the other passengers are.
I didn't have a problem with the mic before, but I'm told that my voice comes across more clearer and louder now.

I tried switching it over to the sunroof switch hole but I quickly realized that the sunroof switch is bigger and the switch hole is bigger than the mic grill and mic grill hole. So the mic grill was too small for the sunroof switch's hole and the sunroof switch didn't even fit into the mic grill's hole. So I decided to create a new cut out hole for the mic grill that was in a new position. I also added a BMW Bluetooth Assist/SOS switch at the same time, which incidentally our cars are prewired for and just filed down the original mic grill hole so that the sunroof switch could fit in there.

The BMW Bluetooth Assist button can be bought off eBay for about $10 to $25 (DO NOT buy the ones Murad Motors sells as he overprices his switches to $50 and they don't come prewired). Make sure you get the older style switch with the two buttons like in my pictures below. This is the switch our cars are prewired for and you will find the wiring for this switch inside your sunroof switch hatch.

Follow these steps.

Mark out your outline...make it slightly smaller than the actual hole that you will use

Then get a sharp knife and cut away at the plastic until you feel it flex at the cut so it just snaps off.

Your finished hole will be smaller which is good because you DO NOT want it to be too big.
So get your file and file down the edges. The plastic will file away really quickly so go slow.
If you are placing the sunroof switch on the original mic grill spot you will have to file that hole down as well since the mic grill hole is smaller than the sunroof switch

Finished product. Make sure everything is lined up and if you mess up just go down to the dealership and buy another hatch lid cover as they only cost around $17 to $23.
DO NOT buy the junkyard ones off eBay as those junk yard sellers tend to want $40 - $60 for the same part in dirty used condition. I have confirmed that the BMW dealership sells these parts for $17 to $23!

Inside view of the hatch showing the new location of my parrot ck3000 mic. I used a drop of krazy glue to get it to stay in place.

Final view when said and done!

She was sleeping, but she did ask if I came in to bed really late. I said around midnight. lol.

I was having issues with the sound, and I found this online:

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-f...r-p-132.html?zenid=9h6cebc469kadetofj63n28c05

These are microphone covers, like the ones on big old school microphones. I haven't put them on yet, seems pretty big and beefy, hopefully it helps with the sound. It comes with 2 covers, so I can put it on my other cars parrot mic. You can look on ebay, they sell it there for the same price with no shipping. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Here is a description from there website:

Congratulations! You chose the best hands-free mobile car kit on the road.

But are your listeners getting the best sound quality?

Nothing degrades mobile sound quality more effectively than wind. Safewireless is now offering the perfect solution to wind noise: the (HD) High Definition microphone windscreen cover for your hands-free microphone.

The HD microphone windscreen allows your listeners to hear you clearly under all wind conditions:

1. While driving with windows or sunroof open

2. While driving a convertible with the top down

3. While running the air conditioner or heater

These filters have the perfect fit and high performance for your Parrot car kit. They***8217;re Parrot approved -- and they***8217;re exclusively available from Safewireless. They protect the microphone from dust and moisture and deliver the best hands-free audio quality on the planet.

The HD wind filter is just $9.99 for 2. It***8217;s the perfect low-cost, high-tech solution.
nice call!

#280 ·
I was having issues with the sound, and I found this online:

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-f...r-p-132.html?zenid=9h6cebc469kadetofj63n28c05

These are microphone covers, like the ones on big old school microphones. I haven't put them on yet, seems pretty big and beefy, hopefully it helps with the sound. It comes with 2 covers, so I can put it on my other cars parrot mic. You can look on ebay, they sell it there for the same price with no shipping. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Here is a description from there website:

Congratulations! You chose the best hands-free mobile car kit on the road.

But are your listeners getting the best sound quality?

Nothing degrades mobile sound quality more effectively than wind. Safewireless is now offering the perfect solution to wind noise: the (HD) High Definition microphone windscreen cover for your hands-free microphone.

The HD microphone windscreen allows your listeners to hear you clearly under all wind conditions:

1. While driving with windows or sunroof open

2. While driving a convertible with the top down

3. While running the air conditioner or heater

These filters have the perfect fit and high performance for your Parrot car kit. They’re Parrot approved -- and they’re exclusively available from Safewireless. They protect the microphone from dust and moisture and deliver the best hands-free audio quality on the planet.

The HD wind filter is just $9.99 for 2. It’s the perfect low-cost, high-tech solution.

Attachments

#284 ·
Folks, I have a quick question that I was hoping you could help with. I just did the install of both the USA Spec ipod kit and the Parrot bluetooth kit to integrate into my 2001 325iT. It worked great for a week. Then, yesterday the button on the steering wheel that normally would allow me to do voice dialing, decided not to work. I can dial through my iphone, and the bluetooth kicks in. But, there is no way for me to call via voice dialing now. Is this possibly an issue with the wiring harness, or you think its the parrot kit? I am thinking that I need to take out the blue parrot kit, then plug it back in to see if something rattled loose. But, I am not sure what else would cause this. Also, the button on the steering wheel- if held down- will redial the last number. So, I dont think the button is faulty... Any ideas?

#286 ·
I had that issue right after I installed my USA Spec kit and realized I forgot to unplug the battery of the car and I didn't unplug the ALL of the radio connections. (I was so excited and rushing to install my Spec I literally forgot)

All you have to do is go back and unplug and replug your battery. If that doesn't work then "remove" any CDs from your radio unit and unplug all the radio connectors and unplug the battery.

When done replug everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.