E46 Fanatics Forum banner

THE Mobile Electronics Links thread

83K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  richardsherif67 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm making this thread in an attempt to collect as many useful DIY's/install tips in one location. We can't sticky every helpful thread at the top but we sure can sticky this one and post useful links here. :)

Now here's what I need from YOU - If there's a thread (or a particular post within a thread) that you've read that has great information and will be of assistance to the community, PM me and I will add the link to this thread.

I'm really not too knowledgeable about ICE so in order for this thread to work it's going to take the help of all the regular posters and "subject matter experts." I don't know of what posts in the past have been helpful, nor do I really know what current threads are helpful.

When PM'ing me, just include the link and a helpful category the subject matter falls under:

Important Links
[bsw] Official DICE iPod Kit Video Installation Guides
[eas] Official DICE iPod integration kit Q/A thread
Business CD/Icelink trouble - Anyone?

Double DIN Installations:
Idiots guide to Double Din Install.
DIY - Double Din Install w/Navigation and Steering Wheel Controls
New Double Din Install With Vent Modifications
AVIC-Z2 Double Din Install (VERBOSE) lots pics
AVIC-F90BT||Double Din Install~Lots of Pics

Audio Adjustments/Setups:
Setting your gains
DIY - Aftermarket Amp, Speakers, + Subs w/ Stock Head Unit

iPod Integration:
[eas] Official DICE iPod integration kit Q/A thread
my Ice>link install & 2.06 upgrade - 56k beware
Dension ice>Link Plus Interface installation manual
Intravee II iPod DIY Install & Review

Custom Trunk Installs:
Custom trunk setups post pics here
post your subwoofer pics here...
Fiberglass Enclosure FabricationThanks for the link bigjae1976
Finally installed my sub in ski pass...
E46 Custom Install... Second Iteration
Custom M3 enclosure install
Custom Rear Deck Dual 12" Subwoofers! [+ build pics]

Installation Tips:
Reduce Rear Cabin Rattling (DIY) Thanks for the link bigjae1976
Mounting the speakers to the doors with mdf rings (Photos) Thanks for the link bigjae1976
How to Install 6.5" Speakers in E46 M3 Thanks for the link Khowland, information courtesy of s4play of M3Forum.com and a special thanks to M3Forum for hosting the DIY.
How to properly install a speaker in the door
Starting my first E46 install (lots of pics)
[URL="http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478003"]My latest install inside [/URL]
DIY: E46 M3 Front/Rear 6.5" Install <- New

Product Reviews:
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 -Long- Review
Dynavin info: Look here first

Misc. Installations:
Installer Q: Can the X3/X5 monitors be wired to a standard DVD player?
Official Midbass Fitment Guide - Let's start one - EVERYONE READ

I'd like to thank everyone in advance for their assistance, hopefully we can keep this as an on going collection of Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum's greatest hits. :D

See less See more
#5 ·
Amplifier cable pinout and colors

I took some info already here and made it a bit more readable. I have in the attached .pdf file the 42 pins identified on the power/signal/speaker cable that connects to the amp in the trunk. First I listed the pins in numerical order as labeled on the connector, then they are also listed grouped together by function (in my opinion this is easier to work with).

Attachments

#8 ·
The PAC-Audio ISBM72 is a simple iPod/iPhone interface (there was one installed in my car when I bought it. I recently removed it and sold it to a member here because I have installed an aftermarket sound system)
MSRP is $120.00 but it is available online for as low as $66.00 (non tax/free shipping). The module connects in the trunk to the CD changer wires and the 30-pin cable is plenty long to be routed (completely hidden) up to the front of the car.
For any of these solutions you will also need a 30-pin to lightning adaptor. I highly recommend you buy the actual apple brand adaptor (a got burned on a non-apple one). Apple sells two versions. One is a little "brick" and the other is a short cable.
The brick costs $29 http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?find=lightning+to+30-pin+Ad
The cable costs $39 http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=3c

#9 ·
The PAC-Audio ISBM72 is a simple iPod/iPhone interface (there was one installed in my car when I bought it. I recently removed it and sold it to a member here because I have installed an aftermarket sound system)
MSRP is $120.00 but it is available online for as low as $66.00 (non tax/free shipping). The module connects in the trunk to the CD changer wires and the 30-pin cable is plenty long to be routed (completely hidden) up to the front of the car.
For any of these solutions you will also need a 30-pin to lightning adaptor. I highly recommend you buy the actual apple brand adaptor (a got burned on a non-apple one). Apple sells two versions. One is a little "brick" and the other is a short cable.
The brick costs $29 http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD823ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter?find=lightning+to+30-pin+Ad
The cable costs $39 http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD824ZM/A/lightning-to-30-pin-adapter-02-m?fnode=3c

Sweet thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.