E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kicker 6x9 subs vs. Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-way... what's better?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FITZUNI 
#1 ·
I can get a set of Kicker 6x9 subs new for about $200. For a little less I can get a pair of Infinity Kappa 6x9 3-ways. I have the HK system and want to get rid of the silly existing subs. What's the better way to go? I already have an amp in there, ready to hook up to whatever I install. I do not want to use up any trunk space, that's why I'm going with a set of 6x9's, which of course I can just put where the HK subs are now. I've heard the Kickers are good. Question is, will a set of Infinity Kappas servce the same purpose? I would unplug the tweeters so I'd just be powering the woofers.

Advantages of going with the Infinity's are that when I sell the car I still have a pair of nice speakers that are versatile enough to use again in another vehicle, plus if there's a problem with them I can just go back to the dealer. The Kickers I have to buy on-line from who knows who.

Advantages of going with the Kickers are that they are a proper subwoofer, and I've heard they sound good, add enough thump.

Will they add THAT much more thump than the Infinity's?

#3 ·
Go with the kickers. They're designed as a subwoofer unlike the Infinitys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.