E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#3,583 ·
#3,584 · (Edited)
You did the stitching? Looks really good! :)

Thank you sir, yes I did do the stitching. The shift boot took about an hour to do and the ebrake took about an hour and a half. I am betting that the steering wheel is going to take me at least 3 hours to do on Thursday but it will be worth it.

Attachments

#3,586 ·
Bought a new key from stealership.... $175 total..
Only $175? I was thinking it was gonna be along the lines of $250. Is that for a chipped main key? Are the prices different at different dealerships, cause I could've sworn last time I asked someone at the closest dealer to me it was somewhere in the $200 range.

I kept the 325 rears but swapped the fronts for 330 brakes. Cross drilled and slotted rotors, stoptech pads, and SS lines all around plus the 75mm stud kit from Vorshlag. I like the way the brakes feel now!
How did you fit 330 brakes on a 325? Is it just a direct swap? Caliber and rotors? Mounting screws distance the same on the 330 caliper as a 325? I feel like there's more options for 330 and M3 size rotors than 325.

#3,591 · (Edited)
How did you fit 330 brakes on a 325? Is it just a direct swap? Caliber and rotors? Mounting screws distance the same on the 330 caliper as a 325? I feel like there's more options for 330 and M3 size rotors than 325.
It's a direct swap for the fronts. All the mounting and hardware is the same. 330 Calipers, 330 caliper carriers, 330 rotors, and 330 pads is all you need. The brake lines may be different sizes. Anthony@bimmerbrakes sent me my order knowing I would be upgrading to 330 fronts so he would know if the 325/330 brakes lines are different.

I've heard you have to change the E-brake assembly and rear trailing arms to 330 parts to fit the rears. Since most of the stopping power comes from the front it wasn't worth the $ in extra parts to change the rear brakes to 330 size. Eventually I plan on swapping in an M3 rear end (whole assembly) including the rear brakes so what I saved here will go into that project.

#3,596 ·
Only $175? I was thinking it was gonna be along the lines of $250. Is that for a chipped main key? Are the prices different at different dealerships, cause I could've sworn last time I asked someone at the closest dealer to me it was somewhere in the $200 range.
my dealer quoted me with the same price for my m3 key, 160 if im not mistaken have to check the paper again.

i was surprised because my ford key was $325