E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

October Mar Chat: Month of realizing how much winter is going to suck.

50K views 1K replies 24 participants last post by  330i ZHP 
#1 ·
Yah.

#488 ·
I believe with the Paris crash, tire separation from runway debris entered 1 engine, led to both failing, and the crash. Had it happened to a conventional aircraft designed to stay aloft on 1 engine (or 1 on each side, like a 747), it probably would have been able to return to CDG and land.

But it needed 1 engine on each side to stay aloft on takeoff :(

#490 ·
because of the wing design on that aircraft, based on speed, the engines had to be placed that close together. not really a design flaw, but a design requirement that had to be worked around. other supersonic jets might have had the engines slightly further apart, but they didn't have to carry people other than pilot and maybe a small crew. The B1 lancer (engine not very far apart, but payload wasn't people in seats either), the sr71 and others.

#498 ·
Two things amaze me about this video

1. the comments... people working at McDonalds taunting Ryan for improperly washing dishes... Sorry guys but he has better things to do than learn proper protocol on cleaning pots and pans :rolleyes:
2. the notion that the Obama campaign isn't doing the exact same thing. 4 years ago, Obama showed up to a landfill where he held up a shovel for a couple pictures and then got back in his car to leave. But noooooooo this only happens amongst republicans. Get real fellas.

#500 ·
more importantly:

***8220;We***8217;re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,***8221; Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. ***8220;It***8217;s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.***8221;

#502 · (Edited)
So Bain is brought in to provide consulting services in hopes of boosting the sales of one of their product lines.. they do so by slashing their prices which, in turn, results in their product becoming a hot seller amongst teens.. and that's somehow a reflection on Bain (and on Romney)? If anything, this is a referendum on the caliber of their consulting services (and that they did a good job).

So somehow Romney is responsible for an increase in teen smoking.... :spit:

The left never cease to amaze me with how far they will go to pin shortcomings on this man... he was at the company when this happened.. and yet it's his fault that teens took up smoking? Look jabroni, teens smoke because they're dumb, stupid, and want to impress girls.. not because Mitt Romney was at Bain... they bought those products for the same reason teens shop at wal-mart.. they were the cheapest option.

But let's be honest.. you (and huffpost) have no interest in providing honest coverage on a topic or providing reasons to support Obama (because there is little to celebrate). Instead you will claw at anything and everything you can to bring down Romney.

EDIT : Sorry but not all politicians can come from the ivory tower of education and the work of public service as community organizers... And not all candidates can admit openly in their books about the years that they lost in a haze to drug use (Obama). But hey, I bet barry saetoro was glad to see the price of his cigs going down.

EDIT EDIT : If Ford drops the price of their mustang (a car popular amongst youths

#515 · (Edited)
Why would I berate a private company for lowering the prices of their products?

Americans smoke cigarettes cause they don't have the common sense to care enough for their own body to rise above the peer pressure.. they then get addicted. Here's a novel idea : have the self-confidence to never try a cigarette (like I did).

People are fat for the same reason they get lung cancer .. they have no self control.
This just in: consulting company helps a struggling client bring in more sales.
Bingo :thumbup:
of cancer causing cigs to minors, upping health care costs to everyone (chase is all about other people costing us more in health care)
Health care costs DO NOT GO UP because the cost of cigs goes down. Health care costs go up because people are stupid and smoke... it's no different than them getting fat on junk food and depriving their body of exercise.

Fatties and smokers are in the same category in my book... and you'll find them under the chapter "Sloth & Idiocy".

FWIW, there is NO REASON a health insurance company shouldn't be able to alter prices on people dependent upon their BEHAVIOR. It's people like you and your president that think that is somehow discriminating. I'm sorry but if you CHOSE to smoke or get fat, you should deal with the reputations.. the problem is that pathetic people believe it's the responsibility of the state to clean up after their own mess. Once again, we run into the same fundamental pivot... you want the federal government to spoon feed and I want people to fend for themselves and live with their own choices..

Than again, I suppose it's easy for me to stand by that position as I eat healthy, exercise, have never smoked, and rarely drink... I suppose if I had less self willpower, I'd want to be spoonfed as well.

As for Romney's tax plan: http://www.mittromney.com/issues/tax

Mitt's Plan

Reducing and stabilizing federal spending is essential, but breathing life into the present anemic recovery will also require fixing the nation***8217;s tax code to focus on jobs and growth. To repair the nation***8217;s tax code, marginal rates must be brought down to stimulate entrepreneurship, job creation, and investment, while still raising the revenue needed to fund a smaller, smarter, simpler government. The principle of fairness must be preserved in federal tax and spending policy.

Individual Taxes

America***8217;s individual tax code applies relatively high marginal tax rates on a narrow tax base. Those high rates discourage work and entrepreneurship, as well as savings and investment. With 54 percent of private sector workers employed outside of corporations, individual rates also define the incentives for job-creating businesses. Lower marginal tax rates secure for all Americans the economic gains from tax reform.

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates
Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate the Death Tax
Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

Corporate Taxes

The U.S. economy***8217;s 35 percent corporate tax rate is among the highest in the industrial world, reducing the ability of our nation***8217;s businesses to compete in the global economy and to invest and create jobs at home. By limiting investment and growth, the high rate of corporate tax also hurts U.S. wages.

Cut the corporate rate to 25 percent
Strengthen and make permanent the R&D tax credit
Switch to a territorial tax system
Repeal the corporate Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)
Where is Obamas? And I follow that up with a simple question : Why did Obama veer so far from his 2008 campaign promises on taxes? I can show you two dozen tax hikes on the middle class.. and guess what, taxes on cigs is in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.