E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Collinite/DG/Jetseal

8K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  THATS FRESH 
#1 ·
I like the look of my Jetseal but have been reading that many say Collinite has excellent durability, and Jetseal is just so-so. Some also say DG111 or DG105 are good sealants and better value than top-priced Jetseal.

Looking for any opinions on

1) how does Collinite or DG look vs Jetseal?

2) durability of each vs Jetseal?

3) does anyone put Collinite on top of Jetseal? Is there a benefit to this? Does Collinite make the look better or worse? Is it useless as Collinite alone is the same as Collinite over Jetseal?

I want best durable protection this fall so my BMW can last thru the Chicago winter from October thru March/April. Of course I don't have personal experience but stuff I read leads me to question whether my Jetseal will still be around after 5-6 months.

Thanks

#3 ·
jetseal has lame durability for a sealant, but it's the closest thing you get to a carnauba shine. i got 3 months out of it

duragloss 105 is rather dull but lasts 6+ months no problem.

duragloss 111 is said to be a wet look. i'm sure this will go 6 months no problem as well

collinite waxes are great too. 845 is one of the easiest ones to use and you get 3-4 months out of it. 476 is supposed to last really long, and so is 915. you can't go wrong with any of those because they are so cost efficient.

imho, i have duragloss 105 as my sealant. i don't use any other because the purpose of my sealant is to protect. i buy other wax for the different types of look i want.

if i were you though, i'd just buy collinite 845 and be done with it. reapplying every 3-4 months is only 3-4 times a year.

#4 ·
But the DG has a dull look you say....I want max shine. Do you top your DG with wax or something else to enhance the shine? I like the way Jetseal looks and I just havent used these other products. I guess you havent personally used DG111. So many choices out there. Somewhere someone said that DG makes the Zaino stuff that all the people go cult-nuts for. If so then the DG might be a good value.

#5 · (Edited)
I haven't used those other products so I can't really speak about the comparisons between them. The only thing I can say is that I've gotten pretty darn good results from the Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 - 16 oz. Assuming you have wiped down the surface with IPA or the Menzerna Top Inspection to remove the oils from polishes, etc. I've gotten a lot of durability and shine. The shine is outstanding on all colors the moisture rolls off with ease. For best results it's really important do the prep right and also wait at least 20 minutes before you remove the excess product. It typically lasts me about 4 - 6 months which is right at the very top for durability from all the sealants we carry. If you want you can read Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 Product Reviews on our site. Currently we have 17 reviews which are all positive at this time. Additionally check out our homepage tomorrow you may see a good price on the Jetseal 109 as well! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI

#6 ·
Thanks - no I already bought the Jetseal from you and am a proud owner - I do like the shine and the easy on/off. I guess before I worry about durability claims (or lack thereof) from others I should just wait and see how it works for me. I've put two coats on after an IPA wipedown, and let the first coat cure for 24 hrs before applying second. I just want something that can definitely last thru the Chicago winter as I am not going to have a chance to top-off my Jetseal in January when its 20 degrees outside! I might look to throw some Collinite over the Jetseal sometime in October/November just to give the Jetseal a better winter coat, if you will.

#7 ·
I bought some Jet Seal from DI and I love the stuff. I will give my car a good wipe down with IPA before application. The shine is amazing and I usually re-apply after 3 months (even though the water is still beading off). I also top my jet seal with P21S Wax (which doesnt last long at all). Jet Seal has really added something to my car. My TiAG has always been waxed and spotless but Jet Seal gave it a whole new "wet" look. Gets a lot of compliments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.