E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Launching

3K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  turbo_f22_pilot 
#1 ·
How do use guys Launch a SMG M3 with out launch control. Kind scared to use launch control lol.

#10 ·
What your currently doing is putting a stress on the whole drive train. Are any of them enough to hurt the car? My opinion is no. With that being said its a real inefficient way to launch. LC is exactly the same as dropping the clutch in a normal manual car. There is nothing magical going on when you do this. Since the clutch is controlled by electronics that drive hydraulics, LC allows you to have the car in 1st gear and drop the clutch at your demand.Euro spec software is upwards of 4k rpm when it lets go, now that is a effing launch!!

#16 ·
From one SMG guy to another, what am I missing?? For LC you must hold the shifter forward in S6. I have not noticed a quick or slow pedal mash to make a difference while doing this. I have done both holding the stick keeps the clutch engaged, so no difference IMO. Burn out is just S6 and a full pedal mash from a stop. Im just trying to clear it up for those less informed.

#18 · (Edited)
For either mode,
DSC off
S6
Shifter forwar
d
** for Launch Control **
just slowly roll the pedal to the floor.
OR
** for BurnOut Mode **
mash the pedal to the floor

Launch Control will attempt to not so harshly engage the clutch to reduce wheelspin. (Tires and suspension greatly affects one's sucess)
Burnout Mode will fully lock the clutch enabling burnouts

NOTE: There are a number of other tricks that you can employ depending on which program your vehicle has (NA or EU) I have the EU3/CSL program.
Also, the LC usage is stored in the DME

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.