E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Help with draining Radiator

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Loaded325i 
#1 ·
Hello, Bimmers all over the world.

I'm new to this forum. I'm new to BMW. A welcome hug? No?
I'm from Indonesia, anybody from Indonesia? 'Sup?

Anyway, I just got a 2000 318i. Had a bit of tidying up to do. Like fix the electronics, dents, etc. And I just changed the standard 15" to 17" ten spokes, giggity! So far so good. A few days ago my family and I were having a little road trip up the mountains. And after we'd gotten to the top, sort of, the temperature was over the top. There was steam coming out of the radiator cap, after it had cooled down we refilled it with water. Later, after we got home I found out that the seals in the cap were, well, gone, hence the steam. After replacing the cap I'd like to take preventive measures and drain the water in the radiator so I can refill it with radiator coolant.

So here's the problem, I expected to see a bolt of some sort under the radiator to let the water out. But I saw nothing but a plastic cover underneath the radiator. So, anybody know how to remove said plastic cover and drain the radiator so I can refill it with radiator coolant DIY style? I couldn't find a threat that was helpful so I posted this. Thanks beforehand!

- Nikki Krisadtyo

See less See more
#2 ·
Sure, you have to remove that plastic sheith. The bumper tabs can be plucked off with a screwdriver, and the screws along the side can be take off with a philips screw driver. Once you take it off, there should be a blue drain plug there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.