E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Keeping a black car clean!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  apollotrance1 
#1 ·
I have a sapphire black 330 and I am having a hard time keeping it clean. When I first got it, I did a 9 hour detail on it and it looked AMAZING. But how do I keep that up? I do normal washes every week, and some times every other week if I don't drive it and if it don't rain. Right now I am dealing with water spots that are dark brown, and even after I wash it, they are there the next day. Anyone else having a problem with their black cars? How can I get rid of this or is this just a location problem?

#2 ·
WAX!!! The only way to keep the dirt and spots off your car is by keeping it waxed so dirt doesn't stick as much. But you will never be able to keep it clean...it's black!!! I was both my cars every 2-3 days and wax them at least once a month. The waterspots will come out if you either spot-hand-wax it or use a buffer. Otherwise u can dilute wheel wizzard, spray it on the water spots, scrub/wash with a paint safe mitt, and rinse b4 it dries! Then wax after

PS: Brown water spots usually mean dirty/well water (sprinkler).

#5 ·
Welcome to the world of blacks. It's like you say and it stays that way. It's impossible to keep black perfectly clean unless you really wash it perfectly again and again. That's what black is about .. simply the best colour when clean. And the the worst to keep it so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.