E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Tirerack.com PS2 find

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  strz0001 
#1 ·
#5 ·
if they are the same i will be getting a couple sets for future use..

eyy honestly man are the super sports even worth it anyone? i think the ps2's are good enought i have them now and love them

been thinking about trying ventus v12's next not because of the price but to see if they are as good as ps2's or even better.. but i think ill just stick with ps2's if the prices keep dropiing :)

#14 · (Edited)
Michelin plans to phase out many varieties of the PS2 now that the Pilot Super Sport is out. This could possibly be the reason for the low price you found or it could simply have been a data entry mistake.

Also, there's an entire sub-forum for tire related posts. It's even monitored by someone from Tire Rack who might be able to answer your question....

#20 ·
As a couple others have alluded to, our prices can vary based on many factors. Basically, if we get a great deal on a large shipment of tires we typically reduce the price and pass on the savings. In other words, the pricing we set is based on what we pay for the tires, not necessarily based on the tires performance. Sometimes this results in deals that may look too good to be true.

Tires
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BN4&url=/tires/index.jsp

#24 ·
Why ask why? The fact that the PSS would be cheaper than the PS2 has been hyped since before the tire's release. A reduction in price, most likely due to reduced materials or manufacturing costs, is simply one of Michelin's engineering accomplishments with this tire. And let me tell you, the PSS is a phenomenal street tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.