E46 Fanatics Forum banner

OE Parts available thru NAPA

31K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  BLAU III 
#1 ·
I am not sure if any of you are aware of this or not but NAPA Auto Parts has available many OE parts for your BMW. Genuine Parts (NAPA) has bought or partnered with a company called ALTROM. Altrom Group is one of North America's leading wholesale distributors of OEM import car parts and top quality alternatives, offering the right fit, form, function and color. Founded over 35 years ago Altrom offers a network of 17 warehouses with over 400,000 sq. ft. across Canada and North-West USA. Coverage for over 40 import car makes. With more than 3 million unique catalogue applications.
NAPA Distribution Centers stock a lot of these parts. Check with your local NAPA or NAPA on line at http://www.napaonline.com/default.aspx before you pay more for the same part at the Dealer. If your store doesn’t have it in stock they can usually get it from their NAPA D.C. the next day in some cases even the same day.

This is just a sample of the German Manufacturers supplied to NAPA via Altrom (ATM):
Textar, GMB, Mann, Mahle, Bern, Pagid, ***, Zimmermann, Meistersatz, Brembo, Bando, Contitech (Continental), GKN, Sachs, Ruville, Bosch, Victor Reinz, Graf, Febi - Bilstein, Elring, Hella, Kolbenschnik, FTE, Beru, Luqui - Moly, Lubro - Moly, Pentosin, Vaico, and Zymöl.

I have my E46 serviced by a mechanic that worked at the dealer but does some work at home too. He installs what I bring him and he has been very impressed that these parts came from NAPA. He says it is the exact same part they have at the dealer and in most cases it even has the same OE BMW part number.

Give them a try.
Rob

See less See more
#2 ·
I am not sure if any of you are aware of this or not but NAPA Auto Parts has available many OE parts for your BMW. Genuine Parts (NAPA) has bought or partnered with a company called ALTROM. Altrom Group is one of North America's leading wholesale distributors of OEM import car parts and top quality alternatives, offering the right fit, form, function and color. Founded over 35 years ago Altrom offers a network of 17 warehouses with over 400,000 sq. ft. across Canada and North-West USA. Coverage for over 40 import car makes. With more than 3 million unique catalogue applications.
NAPA Distribution Centers stock a lot of these parts.

Check with your local NAPA or NAPA on line at http://www.napaonline.com/default.aspx before you pay more for the same part at the Dealer. If your store doesn’t have it in stock they can usually get it from their NAPA D.C. the next day in some cases even the same day.

This is just a sample of the German Manufacturers supplied to NAPA via Altrom:
Textar, GMB, Mann, Mahle, Bern, Pagid, F.A.G., Zimmermann, Meistersatz, Brembo, Bando, Contitech (Continental), GKN, Sachs, Ruville, Bosch, Victor Reinz, Graf, Febi - Bilstein, Elring, Hella, Kolbenschnik, FTE, Beru, Luqui - Moly, Lubro - Moly, Pentosin, Vaico, and Zymöl.

I have my E46 serviced by a mechanic that works at the dealer but does some work at home too. He installs what I bring him and he has been very impressed that these parts came from NAPA. He says it is the exact same part they have at the dealer and in some cases it even has the same OE BMW part number.

Give them a try.
-Rob

#3 ·
NAPA Distribution Centers stock a lot of these parts.

Check with your local NAPA or NAPA on line at http://www.napaonline.com/default.aspx before you pay more for the same part at the Dealer. If your store doesn’t have it in stock they can usually get it from their NAPA D.C. the next day in some cases even the same day.

This is just a sample of the German Manufacturers supplied to NAPA via Altrom:
Textar, GMB, Mann, Mahle, Bern, Pagid, ***, Zimmermann, Meistersatz, Brembo, Bando, Contitech (Continental), GKN, Sachs, Ruville, Bosch, Victor Reinz, Graf, Febi - Bilstein, Elring, Hella, Kolbenschnik, FTE, Beru, Luqui - Moly, Lubro - Moly, Pentosin, Vaico, and Zymöl.

I have my E46 serviced by a mechanic that works at the dealer but does some work at home too. He installs what I bring him and he has been very impressed that these parts came from NAPA. He says it is the exact same part they have at the dealer and in some cases it even has the same OE BMW part number.

Give them a try.

#5 ·
I brought the thermostat and upper and lower hoses; they do have the same parts numbers printed; also there were some scratched off marks right next to the parts number. I took the new parts and open up my hood and did a quick compare..... those scratched off marks were where the little BMW logo was. Go figure; anyway I saved over $50 buying them compare what I will have to pay at the dealer and known that I have the exact same parts for replacement. :)

#13 · (Edited)
I went there yesterday to get a AC belt and they offered me a NAPA part or a Meyle part. :) I'd have to wait one day for the Meyle part though. I couldn't wait.

#14 ·
OEM Parts at NAPA

I went to a NAPA auto parts store to purchase an oil filter for my daughters Blazer and the NAPA was displaying Mann Filters on an end cap, and the counter person said NAPA is now a OEM Import supplier to compliment its NAPA branded product. The guy took me behind his counter and showed me inventory of Brembo, Zimmerman, Lemforder, Bosch., Jurid, Textar. I can go on and on. I was impressed.

It seems NAPA wants some of the Eastern European and High end Asian business.

Anyone hear of this before ?

#20 ·
Parts Store

Glad to hear about BMW parts being available at NAPA, both of their stores here in Lincoln are great.

Support the store that serves you best. Good service depends more on the person behind the counter than the sign out front. Too often, the other national chains here employ counter help that is at a total loss if the computer can't find the part, heaven help you if you deveate from a stock build.

Biggest drop in customer service was when the locally owned stores closed up.

#21 ·
I'm picking up two front axels today and will be doing the install this weekend. NAPA sells teh remain BMW axels not the cheap fcp bs. Will report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.