76K views 310 replies 58 participants last post by  basar13 
#1 ·
There it is, the build has started... :evil:

I will use ethanol instead of racefuel.

I have received these today ....

a

See less See more
#175 ·
John has been working on this all week. We've installed the new box jason sent and it still doesn't work. We are providing scope traces as well. The car is still throwing a code. We hope to get this car running correctly soon. It is costing us a fortune debugging this system.

Chris.

#176 ·
I agree Chris this was sold as "plug and play" system but it seems like it is a plug and pray system.

Lets hope for the best for both HPF and me. This is wasting both of our time.

I said 2 weeks but after i talked with Josh i will wait for one more month.

Then i guess i will go to motec. Time will tell.

#178 ·
Why motec why not go pectel, for what you need motec is way overboard in tech and price. pectel is only 4-5 fully decked out and it is way better than pro-efi or aem. Not to mention the tuner behind the product for pectel ( Neel from Apex speed tech) is head and shoulders above HPF or Pro-efi. do not believe me, check out Apex or Neel online and you will see Apex tunes for world champion race teams and wins! HPF and Pro-efi are not on the level that Neel is on period!!!! I mean for god sakes the proefi unit is based ( some would say copied) from Woodwards 13 year old commercial car tuning unit!

#219 · (Edited)
Pro-efi is OUT !

HPF AEM plug and play ecu, e46 m3 ecu, key, ews, brand new engine harness for e46 m3 is on their way some other stuff will be bought ... Also a e46 m3 gauge (cluster) will be bought. :evil::evil:

So when AEM infinity becomes available to HPF M3 owners i will be able to use it :)

Lets get it on!

#243 · (Edited)

The HPF Z4M Turbo System will be complete soon and all stages will be produced. Here are more details. We are working with Basar to get him the new EMS, harness and base map.

Here's a thread with more details....
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952492

#251 ·
Momentary lapse of professional :( I apologize to everyone for it. I have been working with Basar for quite some time now, which is where my frustration comes from. I know how he feels and I cant wait until we get AEM setup figured out for Basar so him and Providence can tear up Turkey in their turbo S54s.

#268 · (Edited)
Couldn't agree more! We have hit the same issues as HPF, car starts, idles, drives great with minimal load on the car and slight throttle inputs. More than that, it's a big no go. We have found, at least the start of, a few of the issues and how to remedy them doing some tuning to the stock DME. I'm not sure how far it will need to go but we are on this path, and hopefully a path to getting the ProEFI Z4M's to see some boost. We haven't given up, or made excuses, there are definite issues with tuneability and we are combining some of the best brains in the business to try to remedy the issue. No updates from us is a good update honestly, that means we haven't been stumped :) I can't say when but I am 100% confident that our Z4M with a properly tuned stock DME and properly tuned ProEFI can produce some great results!

I wish Basar and HPF now headed down the AEM route the best of luck!

-Shawn-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.