E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Duralast OEM Mechanical Tensioner?

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  gselsidi 
#1 ·
Anybody know if the Duralast Mechanical Tensionser is OEM? I know the thermostat supposedly is. Would rather buy from autozone then wait for it to be shipped

Thanks

#10 ·
Behr or Wahler should be fine.

This should go without saying, but the only way to know for sure you're getting OE parts is to go to the store and open the box.

I am also suspicious of some of their parts...it could say the proper brand and still be remanufactured with cheap Chinese parts. I wonder if the F.A.G bearings are, specifically.

#18 ·
Exactly.

I know lol, was waiting to hear a response about oem parts having inferior quality because they have been debadged lol
What I was getting at was, we as consumers generally don't have any idea why the logos and part numbers are shaved off. You could be getting an overstock true OE part that was sold to a vendor as an aftermarket part, or you could be getting a true aftermarket part made with inferior aftermarket materials. For example, OE manufacturers commonly use aftermarket material in molds originally used for OE parts. In that case, the part number and BMW logo has to be removed because the parts cannot be sold as Original BMW parts.

Long story short, there are many reasons why. Some good, some bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.