E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Dynavin Bluetooth Support? A2DP /w Nav Possible?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Str8down 
#1 ·
Just got my Dynavin V5 in and working...do I have to set the Dynavin to Bluetooth (Phone) to listen to A2DP audio? I like listening to the radio/iPod/etc. while my nav screen's up, but I can't figure out how to listen to Bluetooth audio with nav up concurrently...it switches off bluetooth audio when I go into Nav. Anyone have any solutions to this?

#3 ·
nope, cant be done wireless, Bluetooth always takes precedence so if you go to nav you will loose bluetooth audio and vice versa. To do what you suggest you need to plug into the aux in.

#4 ·
Dynavin told Jeff its a hardware limitation. I personally think Dynavin is lying because they either cant figure it out/dont want to bother making it work. I have 2 reasons to think its a lie.

1. I have a chinese 2din in my wifes jeep that can do this just fine, and they are all built the same / similar.
2. Bluetooth used to not work with NAV on the display AT ALL. People *****ed that they couldnt have NAV and talk on the phone and wala, they produced a firmware that fixed that. There is only 1 BT radio in the unit. If the non-A2DP portion can work with NAV, so can the A2DP portion.

This is in no way a gripe at you Jeff, i know you are just stuck in the middle, and you would like the same functionality. My beleif is that Dynavin is more concerned with the "fun" part of making the product, which is developing new "cool" stuff like Android, rather than the "boring" part which is bug fixes and polishing the product. The Android is the 6th version of the product released, and they have yet to release one that was "production ready", and have only seen 1 firmware upgrade ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.