E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Buffer Recommendations

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Marion Haggard 
#1 ·
Can I find a good one for under $50?

How useful are these things? I have no experience

#3 ·
Hi JetBlack,

It's very hard to find a good polisher for $50 or under, even if it's a used Porter Cable 7424 random orbital. As mentioned, the Porter Cable 7424xp is a great starter unit, especially when paired with 5.5" pads. We have some pre-made kits available, such as the Porter Cable 7424XP 5.5" Starter Kit, but I'd be more than happy to put together a custom kit for you with a couple polishes and appropriate pads.

To further answer your questions, the Porter Cable 7424xp polisher is very useful because it speeds up any paint polishing compared to doing it by hand, but even more so because it can accomplish much better results than you could ever get by hand.

You're basically looking at obtaining the following in order to properly polish your paint:
- A polisher such as the PC 7424XP
- 3-4 different types of pads and probably anywhere from 3-6 of each type, depending on your car size (I prefer 5.5" foam pads as they work really well with the PC... they're large enough to make quick work of polishing and small enough to correct swirl marks and other defects really well)
- 2-4 different polishes that work well with your paint (for jet black you usually need 3 different polishes as it can be very finicky so you want to be prepared)
- 10-20 microfiber towels for removing polish residue

Hope that answers your question and as I said, if you'd like I'll be more than happy to put together a kit for you.

Thanks!
Ivan @ DI

#5 ·
#9 ·
I have Honda Hybrid and mostly i wash my car myself. I used PKC0VC Car Polisher 6" for my my car. It's very cheap i get this only $18. It's cheap and perfect for any car. I saw a car dealer used this machine for their cars shining. So that is the reason i get this machine and it's working very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.