E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Khoalty M-technic side skirts and rear bumper installed

9K views 27 replies 19 participants last post by  e46JAB 
#1 ·
Well, after having my MT2 front bumper on my car for seven years I finally got around to purchasing the side skirts and rear to match it. I had planned on going OEM but couldn't justify putting that much money into body parts on a car this old. So I went with Khoalty's replicas which are very inexpensive.

The side skirts went on without a hitch. Although I would recommend re-using your oem clips if they aren't broken. The clips with the kit are made of very cheap plastic and snap really easily.

Ran into a lot of trouble removing my stock rear bumper. One of the two hex bolts stripped on us. We tried everything, even welded some allen keys on the end to unscrew it with no luck. The bolt eventually broke off, took four hours to completely remove it.

Installing the khoalty rear bumper was very easy. The fitment is incredible! Very pleased with the bumper, and would highly recommend it. Just be careful with the diffusor, the plastic tabs on it are really brittle and break easily! Other than that it fits great.

Here are some pics (cell phone pics for now):

Suspension had not settled in the first picture

Will take some proper pics when I get a chance.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for posting! It looks really good. I've been thinking about buying the sideskirts from khoalty for a while now.

#16 ·
+1 to all of the comments saying that adding a simple lip to the trunk would set it off quite nicely. I'll be purchasing an M-Tech II front soon (in 2013), but you make me want to just fully commit to the whole kit altogether! Beautiful car!
Thanks for the comments guys! I really am surprised so many people are telling me to add a lip. I guess I just got tired of it when I had it on, I hate the stock trunk. Really want to go csl, but in the meantime I may add a lip.

I really like phrozen06's bimmian lip, but they do not carry it anymore:

#19 ·
Went to the shop today to check on my baby and it is looking beautiful! New paint and new Mtech II bumpers look amazing! OEM parts look nice and are a perfect fit but look just like yours from the pics :thumbup:

I have Physical Therapy tomorrow, so i will ask when i can drive again. It better be next week cause i want to drive my "new" car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.