E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Toby22's M3

48K views 115 replies 62 participants last post by  Toby22 
#1 · (Edited)
Sold my 350z after 4yrs of ownership; more on my Z below
http://my350z.com/forum/media-share/463284-my-brickyard-350z.html

Next up my 6spd 2003 BMW E46 M3 in JetBlack/Cinn, fully optioned with sunroof, navigation, Harman Kardon, reverse assist, and power/heated seats

Pictures of the car morning after picking it up from previous owner in Charlotte NC, Aug 2011

Car came with the following mods:
Kinesis F110 Forged Wheels
EvoSport JetCoated Headers
Borla V2 Midpipe
ActiveAutowerke Tune

Current Status:

Current Mods:

Engine/Exhaust:
EvoSport JetCoated Catless Headers
Turner Underdrive Pulleys
AFE Dry Air Filter
OEM Sec 1-2-3

Suspension/Brakes:
Brembo 8Piston front & 4Piston rear
KSport V2 True Style Coilovers
German Racing Adjustable Endlinks
RE Transmission Mounts
Redish Subframe Reinforcement
Full Suspension Refresh with OEM parts

Cosmetic:
OEM CSL Bootlid
SGT CSL Front Bumper
Tekarbon CSL Diffuser
SS Euro Exhaust Tips
OEM LED Tail Lights
RE Oil Filter Cover

Interior/Audio:
OEM ZHP Shift Knob
OEM Euro Sliding Tray
OEM Performance BMW Pedals
BSW Speakers

Wheels:
OEM ZCP Wheels
H&R Wheel Spacers

See less See more
#86 · (Edited)
EDIT (2016): For some reason the pictures were deleted, so just a list of things done to the car

UPDATE: Milltek Exhaust

Milltek has always been my #1 muffler choice from day1 for many reasons.
1. Highly respected exhaust brand
2. Very rare (I never see these in the fs section, reason i stayed stock for so long. And these cost way too much to even consider buying new)
3. Best looking exhaust (They started it all! Only reason i looked into the SGT and Rouge was bcs of how close their tips look like the milltek. Plus the tips do not stick out too much like most aftermarket mufflers, perfect for anyone that is not a fan of the csl diffuser like myself and would rather run factory diffuser)
4. Aggressive but Mild tone (not much louder than stock, minimal if any drone, sounds amazing!)
5. Weight reduction (not the lightest, but a good 15lbs off stock)

Pics of the exhaust

Also got 245/35/19 all around, so true square setup as of now. Raised my car in the process

25mm spacers rear

Put on some CF CSL splitters

Went a little lower, replaced 25mm to 20mm spacers, and removed the splitters

#91 ·
#94 · (Edited)
EDIT (2016): For some reason my pictures have been deleted. So just a list of the things i bought for the car.

Been away from my car these past 8months, bought a few things...

Brembo BBK, 355/345 4-pot. Rotors are still in box. Calipers will be repainted to look brand new

Brand New OEM BMW ZCP Wheels. Can't be rockin reps as my main set
Brand New SGT CSL Trunk Lid
Brand New OEM BMW Euro Bumper
OEM Euro Section1 to compliment my Milltek muffler
Brand New OEM BMW M Mats
Turner Lightweight Pulley Kit
OEM BMW Aluminum Pedals
AKG Subframe Plates
OEM Weather strip to replace worn out original ones
Bosch Fan to eliminate Cricket noise
OEM BMW EVO (new style) wiper blades + Factory style Bosch blades (not sure which one to go with, so I bought both)
E9X Trunk Lights
Wheel Locks for the new wheels
Brand New OEM M3 badge

Will be looking for a bodyshop tmrw. Car will look perfect inside and out once done

#106 · (Edited)
EDIT (2016): Pictures have been deleted for some reason, so just a list of things done.

August 2013: Repaint
Car finished from body shop after repaint. Painter did a pretty good job especially for the price. Wish I could say the same about their powder coater.

August 2013: Brembos
Got my brembos powder coated, unfortunately the shop are ran by idiots (how they're a recommended shop in the area is beyond me). Brakes are currently sent off to be worked on. EDIT: Sold these bbk for less than half of what I paid for.

September 2013: Llumar Metallic Window Tints
Want to protect my interior a bit, some privacy, and little cooler interior during the summer heat. Went with LLumar metallic, looks better than ceramic imo. 35% all around + 50% windshield.

September 2013: Eurostyle Tips
Wanted to go back to stock exhaust and most likely stay stock. Perfect exhaust for our cars imo outside of the tips. So installed some Eurostyle tips!

My Milltek muffler next to OEM+ muffler

September 2013: OEM Performance Pedals + OEM floor mats

September 2013: Maintenance
Wheel Alignment, Fuel Filter, Spark Plugs, Throttle Position Sensor

October 2013: BSW Stage1
Not a audiophile but require good surround system. I noticed 2 of my speakers are blown so i decided to go with BSW stage1. Pricey at $700 but is perfect for what i'm looking for.

I did notice my front speaker grills are loose and rattling a bit depending on bass. Also rear deck has some rattles, have to reapply those foams that came off when i removed the rear deck :( I thought tennis ball trick was enough.

November 2013: Tekarbon CSL Diffuser 1x1
Always preferred the stock diffuser, but with the CSL bootlid these are a must :D

#111 · (Edited)
Been a while...some updates

Went through 3 new sets of coilovers since 2012. BC racing --> KSport True Style --> KW V2. I'm currently running the Ksports as they had the perfect balance of comfort and firmness. Eventually sold the KW V2's as they felt too numb for me.

Bought a SCZA SGT Muffler & Brembo BBK 8Piston front and 4piston rear. These are my second Brembo kit as my first set were ruined by the powdercoater.

few more pics from 2014 - 2015. Also bought brand new OEM CSL bootlid which I plan to have painted/installed once i get back from overseas.

Back on OEM ZCP's along with SGT CSL bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.