E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New tires for CSL 19s

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Triflowm5+M3 
#1 ·
Hey fellas,

I have CSL 19s with GoodYear Eagle F1 GSD3s...been about two years now since I have had them on and put 30k miles on them. The thread doesn't look that bad but I had a blow out yesterday and have to replace the rear tire.

So I'm thinking to replace the other rear too or just swap out all of them and either get a new set of GoodYear Eagle F1 GSD3s or go with the Kumho Ecsta SPT.

Anyone else recommend a good tire that is around the same price range?
I don't want to be spending over $1k :(

Thanks.

#3 ·
wow...thats cheap. I just looked those up.

$135 a tire...

but honestly it kind of worries me with those prices.

I had the good year eagles and they can take a beating.

You know the saying "you get what you pay for"

Thanks for the response man :)

Anyone else have another suggestion?

Oh and check this out

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

#4 ·
i think of that get what you pay for slogan ALL THE TIME but with so many verifying the tires are the sheit, hard to ignore not trying them out. Price differential compared to Michelins is INSANE with'em costing less than half the price. I dont think I will ever own michelins again if they that damn good

#5 ·
The generals are soft in the sidewall and you WILL notice the difference in handling when compared to a much higher performance tire like the GS-D3.

The SPT's are pretty good tires, especially for somewhat lighter vechicles...(less than 4000lbs).

I would also recommend the Avon Tech M500 if those sizes fit your application

#8 · (Edited)
Ok here are some tires within my range
Of course price is a factor but spending $800 + kind of sucks at this moment :banghead:

Well here it is....

General Exclaim UHP $120
Kumho Ecsta SPT $143
Avon Tech M500 $158
Kumho Ecsta MX $178
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position $190
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 $214

I currently have the Goodyear Eagles at the moment and have to consider the climate and roads in the New Jersey Area.

Also I have about 34,000 miles on the tires.

You guys think its a little too soon to change all 4.

I only blew out one tire and I'm definitely buying two new rear ones but I'm debating on changing the front and just purchase a set.

Would anyone agree or disagree?

Thanks...I hate dilemmas...LOL! :rolleyes:

#11 ·
It doesn't really matter if you get all seasons because the All season 19s will be nearly useless in NYC/NJ snow.

I would go ahead and just replace the rear tires for now if money is an issue. Otherwise replace all 4 with a decent brand of tires(not too cheap not too expensive--seems simple enough :D )

#12 ·
Don't discount the Generals just because of the price. They are by far our most popular tire choice when putting together wheel and tire packages and for good reason. For the price, they are fantastic wet and dry performers and have a great tread life. Not to mention, they are the sister brand to Continental tires so you are getting a quality tire, no Nanking knockoffs here ;)

#13 ·
Thanks for the input fellas.

I know I'm a bit extreme in this scenario but I knew this day would be coming sooner than later.

So I went going with the Kumho Ecsta SPT $143 for a total of $643.

I hope i"m happy with them

I could have went with two brand new Good Years but I would have to break down and get the fronts not too long after. I know the Good Years are a better tire but I'm definitely getting a set of snow tires on my other rims for the winter.

So I figure this set would be fine until that time.

Thanks for the help fellas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.