E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Whats cool about your e46?

57K views 111 replies 63 participants last post by  jonesenberg 
#1 ·
This is my first car and here is some of the cool stuff i have discovered in the lest six months of working on it. If you have something interesting about your e46 post it below.

Here is what I have discovered...

1)There is a rechargeable flashlight in the glove compartment
2)The lights flash once when locking the car and twice when unlocking
3)The passenger side mirror tips down in reverse only when the adjustment switch is on the left
4)The car goes into some kind of sleep mode after about fifteen minutes
5)The clown nose under the mirror is the adjuster for night time diving
6)If you hold the arrow button on the car remote all the windows will open
7)The trunk mat is reversible
8)If you flick the turn signal on with the ignition off that turn signal stays on
9)The battery is conveniently located in the trunk
10)When the windshield wipers are on high speed, they slow down when stopped
11)The seat belt clip actually contracts in an accident
12)There is a cd changer/ iPod hookup connector attached to the amp in the rear of the car
13)If you push the sliding cover of the rear ashtray all the way back, the ashtray itself lifts up to make removal easier
14)The xenon headlight adjust themselves every time you start the car
15)The ignition recharges the batteries in the keyless entry remote
16)Apparently there is more than 1 radio antenna in the car and the radio actually selects which one to use based on signal quality
17)The external trunk release only works when all the doors are open
18)The hazard button flashes with the actual hazards
19)The computer beeps at you when the temperature hits 3 degrees Celsius
20)The OBC has a lot of hidden diagnostic features
21)The coin organizer is spring loaded so that you cannot break it if you lower the compartment above it onto it
22)The absolute coolest thing about my car is that logo on the hood that says BMW :thumbup:

That's all I've discovered for now....

See less See more
#11 ·
3)The passenger side mirror tips down in reverse only when the adjustment switch is on the left

wow I've had my car for almost 5 years and never knew that.. so that's why my passenger mirror only works for extended periods of time then stops working for another extended period of time! you learn something new everyday

#12 ·
*If you hold the trunk button down the alarm goes off (only if you have the siren and alarm)
*If you have SMG, the moment you open the drivers door while the car is in gear, it automatically goes to N
*Exhaust opens and closes to help make the exhaust tone quiet -- best thing to do: remove the valve!
*If you turn your car off and pull the highbeam lever toward you and let go, the lights stay on for 30sec-2min
*If you hold down the DSC or Trac button for more than 5 seconds the stability control also turns off, allowing the best donuts on the planet.

... yeah... gotta love the hidden easter eggs of your e46

#25 ·
For the iPod hookup I use a brand called USA Spec, but DICE makes a better product. You cannot hook up the iPod if you have a cd changer though. The cable in the back is designed for a cd changer, but you can buy an accessory that makes your car think that you have cd changer, but it's really an iPod.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.