E46 Fanatics Forum banner

330ci Supercharger?

5K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  netgun 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Apparently the ESS supercharger is good for 240rwkw on a healthy 330ci, which will beat a stock m3 (170-180rwkw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg3p4gk3QyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QqL8l64cQ
I have not done it or seen it, but I've read it on here. Apparently its around 12k installed and tuned, but it will not help your resale much at all. The car will still be worth a lot less than a clean m3, not to mention illegal.

#21 · (Edited)
Apparently the ESS supercharger is good for 240rwkw on a healthy 330ci, which will beat a stock m3 (170-180rwkw)

Apparently its around 12k installed and tuned, but it will not help your resale much at all.
:hmm:

maths really wasnt your strong point was it?
:lmao:
Reading clearly isn't yours.

$22k +12k = $34k if i'm not mistaken? Even a slow on the uptake bean counter shouldn't need a calculator for that one :thumbsup:

#11 ·
Obviously the easiest path is to upgrade your car.

But if you want to go S/C you CAN get it engineered. It all depends on your motor and its health. I S/C'd my car and it passed emissions first go. In fact on all of the 4 gasses they did the check on, it was well below the requirements :)

The rest of the components meet AUS standards. Well for the M3 Kit it does anyway. You'll have to check with your car bud. :)

Good luck.

#16 · (Edited)
Active Autowerke :hi:

My opinion, if your 330 is relatively stock, get an M3.

But....if you're attached to the 330 and want to keep it I highly recommend sc it. The difference is night and day.

Dont have experience with AA SC kits, but for the ESS stage 2 it goes very well. Grunt everywhere in the rev range. Yes it will pull on a stock M3.

Hope this helps.
+1 on keep it if you're attached, ditch it if you aren't :)

From my experience the AA kit sounds very similar to the ESS in terms of how it pulls at various revs. The physical sound is much different though, as well as the aesthetic between the two.

#15 ·
My opinion, if your 330 is relatively stock, get an M3.

But....if you're attached to the 330 and want to keep it I highly recommend sc it. The difference is night and day.

Dont have experience with AA SC kits, but for the ESS stage 2 it goes very well. Grunt everywhere in the rev range. Yes it will pull on a stock M3.

Hope this helps.

#19 ·
Get a car that was designed from the factory to cope with more than 200kw, rather than attempting a costly mod that will only necessitate further expensive mods (BBK, better clutch/fly, etc). Sell your 330 for $22k, buy an M3 for $33k and spend any money left over on preventative maintenance and a good detail.
just my opinion..

#20 ·
Get a car that was designed from the factory to cope with more than 200kw, rather than attempting a costly mod that will only necessitate further expensive mods (BBK, better clutch/fly, etc). Sell your 330 for $22k, buy an M3 for $33k and spend any money left over on preventative maintenance and a good detail.
just my opinion..
:hmm:

maths really wasnt your strong point was it?
:lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.