E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #61
96Beatz!

My Ride: '99 323i
Re: VF E46 330 Supercharger Install Complete - Review

Thanka for the quick reply. And good luck with that! I think ill be forever fighting my cooling system til the end of time. Always finding a new leak!

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer
Old 06-24-2015, 12:40 PM   #62
cwithbmw

My Ride: 2002 330Ci 2009 335i
Tim, how is the supercharger holding up now 3 years later? I'd love to throw one in my 02 330ci, but its so pricey I want to make sure your reliability has been maintained!
cwithbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #63
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwithbmw View Post
Tim, how is the supercharger holding up now 3 years later? I'd love to throw one in my 02 330ci, but its so pricey I want to make sure your reliability has been maintained!
You do know this thread is about 6 years old,....right ? Tim hasn't posted in a year and a half, maybe you get a response - maybe you don't.

The VF E46 330 S/Cer's have proven themselves to be quite good & reliable, call VF directly and negotiate your deal down to $4100 to $4200 Shipped.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 SCCA
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

I BUILD SUSPENSIONS (Consult) FROM MILD TO WILD FOR RWD & Xi E46's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I Know How To Fix The Rear "Bouncing" Problem On Your Cheap Coilovers Like: Jom RL FK SE & RK.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #64
Tim30250

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '09 G37
Send a message via AIM to Tim30250
Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated, I am alive and well.

Guess I donít post up nearly as much as I used to, but I do subscribe to this thread so I can help other fanatics considering this option. Iím happy to report that after 6 years, Iíve still had zero issues with the kit. All I do is change the fluid periodically and enjoy it. Again, this is a weekend car that doesnít get a lot of drive time, but everything is still perfect.

As I mentioned 6 yrs ago, if youíre considering this kit, GET IT. From the straightforward install to the performance improvement to the long term reliability, there is really nothing to lose other than a few grand to acquire it.

Iíll go so far as saying this kit is the single reason I still own my e46 after 13 years. With so many cars offering ~300 horsepower these days, I probably would have upgraded by now if I was only pushing 225. Fortunately, I havenít had to, because frankly, there are no other coupes/cabrios around my $50K price point on the market today that I like the looks of as much as my 330Ci. And with performance (thanks to VF) and technology (thanks to Dynavin) to rival todayís offerings, I can keep on motoring in the supercharged e46.

2002 BMW 330Cic... ZSP, 5MT
Mods: VF Stg. 1 Supercharger, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, UUC Sway Bars

Original Owner... 51,612 miles as of 02/23/17
Tim30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #65
cosmos328Ci

My Ride: 398.5whp. 498.8ftlb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim30250 View Post

Guess I donít post up nearly as much as I used to, but I do subscribe to this thread so I can help other fanatics considering this option. Iím happy to report that after 6 years, Iíve still had zero issues with the kit. All I do is change the fluid periodically and enjoy it. Again, this is a weekend car that doesnít get a lot of drive time, but everything is still perfect.

As I mentioned 6 yrs ago, if youíre considering this kit, GET IT. From the straightforward install to the performance improvement to the long term reliability, there is really nothing to lose other than a few grand to acquire it.

Iíll go so far as saying this kit is the single reason I still own my e46 after 13 years. With so many cars offering ~300 horsepower these days, I probably would have upgraded by now if I was only pushing 225. Fortunately, I havenít had to, because frankly, there are no other coupes/cabrios around my $50K price point on the market today that I like the looks of as much as my 330Ci. And with performance (thanks to VF) and technology (thanks to Dynavin) to rival todayís offerings, I can keep on motoring in the supercharged e46.
Nice to hear the SC is going all good for you.

M54B30, ESS TS2, Schrick Cams, S54 Cam Chain Tensioner, ATI Super Damper 6.8", 3.5" Throttle Body, XForce Headers, Custom Twin Exhaust, Quaife LSD 2.93:1, UUC Twin Plate and Lightened Flywheel, GSR Four-bolt Oil Pump, M56 Engine cover with Built-in CCV.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...619&highlight=
cosmos328Ci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #66
NEME515

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
FANTASTIC Review! Very detailed and well written. I am now researching this kit for my E46
NEME515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #67
E46redbimmer

My Ride: 03 E46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim30250 View Post

Guess I don't post up nearly as much as I used to, but I do subscribe to this thread so I can help other fanatics considering this option. I'm happy to report that after 6 years, I've still had zero issues with the kit. All I do is change the fluid periodically and enjoy it. Again, this is a weekend car that doesn't get a lot of drive time, but everything is still perfect.

As I mentioned 6 yrs ago, if you're considering this kit, GET IT. From the straightforward install to the performance improvement to the long term reliability, there is really nothing to lose other than a few grand to acquire it.

I'll go so far as saying this kit is the single reason I still own my e46 after 13 years. With so many cars offering ~300 horsepower these days, I probably would have upgraded by now if I was only pushing 225. Fortunately, I haven't had to, because frankly, there are no other coupes/cabrios around my $50K price point on the market today that I like the looks of as much as my 330Ci. And with performance (thanks to VF) and technology (thanks to Dynavin) to rival today's offerings, I can keep on motoring in the supercharged e46.
Tim
Great thread!
It's 2017 and am looking to do a SC. Down to the VF or the Active Autowerkes.
Did you ever consider the AA?
It has a 8.5 pressure versus the 6.5 of the VF.

Have an 03 330ci in great shape, meticulously cared for but had 134,000 miles...don't know if that is an issue due to care.

Your car still running strong theses days?

Jim

Last edited by E46redbimmer; 02-22-2017 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
E46redbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #68
SK330ci

My Ride: 02 330ci w/ 3 Pedals
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46redbimmer View Post
Tim
Great thread!

Have an 03 330ci in great shape, meticulously cared for but had 134,000 miles...don't know if that is an issue due to care.

Jim
Welcome to e46fanatics!

Research and learn, the search button is your best friend.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...hlight=unicorn

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...068&highlight=

Mods: Header, CAI, Shark, Koni Sport Struts, Rob43 9 Way Shocks, Big Sway Bar, Special Lowering Springs, 3.38 Diff, PFC Z-Pads, 75 Shot Of N20

E46 M3's are just tasty snacks i eat for lunch.
SK330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:49 AM   #69
Tim30250

My Ride: '02 330Ci, '09 G37
Send a message via AIM to Tim30250
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46redbimmer View Post
Tim
Great thread!

Jim
Hi Jim,

Car is still running great! I was considering VF, AA, and ESS TS1 before making my purchase. I believe they are all good proven kits and I don't think you can go wrong with any.

Ultimately, I chose the VF based on three main factors. 1) the ease of installation and ability to remove it since no permanent or major modifications are necessary. 2) I wanted a centrifugal unit since I didn't want significant boost at low rpms. I needed to maintain stock-like driveability, while still being able to produce extra power when I intentionally took the revs up. 3) Vortech. They have a great reputation and proven reliability, so I knew I wouldn't have any maintenance issues with the most expensive component.

IIRC, I do believe that I gave up some additional power gains by not choosing a higher boost system, but maximum power wasn't my main motivation. I was looking to noticeably increase performance without sacrificing driveability or reliability. I also wanted to perform the install myself, and the VF emerged as the most DIY-friendly option at that time.

2002 BMW 330Cic... ZSP, 5MT
Mods: VF Stg. 1 Supercharger, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, UUC Sway Bars

Original Owner... 51,612 miles as of 02/23/17
Tim30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:16 PM   #70
cosmos328Ci

My Ride: 398.5whp. 498.8ftlb
I think it is great tim that you still contribute to this site and help people with their questions.

M54B30, ESS TS2, Schrick Cams, S54 Cam Chain Tensioner, ATI Super Damper 6.8", 3.5" Throttle Body, XForce Headers, Custom Twin Exhaust, Quaife LSD 2.93:1, UUC Twin Plate and Lightened Flywheel, GSR Four-bolt Oil Pump, M56 Engine cover with Built-in CCV.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...619&highlight=
cosmos328Ci is online now   Reply With Quote