E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Racism alive and well at the HuffPo

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/shel...se_a_22036640/
Could It Be Time To Deny White Men The Franchise?
This redistribution of the world’s wealth is long overdue, and it is not just South Africa where white males own a disproportionate amount of wealth.
Quote:
Some of the biggest blows to the progressive cause in the past year have often been due to the votes of white men. If white men were not allowed to vote, it is unlikely that the United Kingdom would be leaving the European Union, it is unlikely that Donald Trump would now be the President of the United States, and it is unlikely that the Democratic Alliance would now be governing four of South Africa's biggest cities.

If white men no longer had the vote, the progressive cause would be strengthened. It would not be necessary to deny white men indefinitely – the denial of the vote to white men for 20 years (just less than a generation) would go some way to seeing a decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology in the world. The influence of reckless white males were one of the primary reasons that led to the Great Recession which began in 2008. This would also strike a blow against toxic white masculinity, one that is long needed.

At the same time, a denial of the franchise to white men, could see a redistribution of global assets to their rightful owners. After all, white men have used the imposition of Western legal systems around the world to reinforce modern capitalism. A period of twenty years without white men in the world's parliaments and voting booths will allow legislation to be passed which could see the world's wealth far more equitably shared. The violence of white male wealth and income inequality will be a thing of the past.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Possibly the most racist and sexist article run on a "news" site in recent years, and that's saying something.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Please tell me that's satire.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
"Just trying to start a discussion!"
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:25 PM   #5
Act of God

Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
I am consistently amazed at how this is simply accepted these days
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #6
fayraree
flock killer

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
"Just trying to start a discussion!"
Old 04-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
fayraree
flock killer

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I am consistently amazed at how this is simply accepted these days
not just accepted but supported, by me, at least.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
Act of God

Remember when I would point out anti-white sentiment and say it was a growing problem? Remember the "It's not really a thing" responses?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #9
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Remember when I would point out anti-white sentiment and say it was a growing problem? Remember the "It's not really a thing" responses?

Just waiting for Even Steven to post that white men are all the time suggesting everyone who is not a white man should not be allowed to vote.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #10
SLVR JDM

My Ride: 4Runner
Keep working on the philosophy degree, sweetie. I said no foam on the latte today.

Shelley Garland
MA Philosophy Student
Shelley Garland is an activist and a feminist and is currently completing an MA degree in philosophy. When she's not gagging at South Africa's unique brand of rainbow politics, she's working on ways to smash the patriarchy.

They will publish anything these days.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #11
Act of God

Update: HuffPo states article was a troll and deleted it...but before they did that they wrote an article defending it

They also deleted their defense, but the internet remembers

http://archive.is/MFURt
Quote:
Garland's underlying analysis about the uneven distribution of wealth and power in the world is pretty standard for feminist theory. It has been espoused in many different ways by feminist writers and theorists for decades now. In that sense, there was nothing in the article that should have shocked or surprised anybody (or so we thought.) It would appear that perhaps much of the outcry derives from a very poor reading of the article -- or perhaps none at all. Dismantling the patriarchal systems that have brought us to where we are today, a world where power is wielded to dangerous and destructive ends by men, and in particular white men, necessarily means a loss of power to those who hold it. A loss of oppressive power. Those who have held undue power granted to them by patriarchy must lose it for us to be truly equal. This seems blindingly obvious to us.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:44 AM   #12
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #13
trizzuth

My Ride: 234k, 16yr old B3AST
Louis C.K.'s bit on SNL about white privilege was outstanding. Anyone see it? About the hotel conducting an investigation into where his misplaced laundry was due to him having white privilege.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #14
Act of God

..and now they have doxxed the author and he's lost his job.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/sly-...-lost-his-job/
Sly Hoaxer Who Humiliated the Huffington Post Has Lost His Job
Quote:
Earlier this week, the gullible Huffington Post fell victim to a hoax article calling for white men to be stripped of their voting rights. The site became the subject of widespread derision and condemnation after HuffPost editors stood up to defend the article's content.

But as was later revealed, the author submitted the piece to Huffington Post South Africa as a hoax, intending to prove a point about the outlet's radical leftist stance. He did so under a fake persona masquerading as a feminist activist named "Shelly Garland." He has since lost his job after being outed by the site.
To be clear:

1. Fake story called for taking away white men's rights
2. People understandably take issue with said story
3. HuffPo DEFENDS the story and its contents (because that's actually what they believe) THIS IS THE OFFENSIVE PART
4. HuffPo feels embarassed, doxxes the writer and causes him to lose his job

Incredible
Old 04-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #15
SLVR JDM

My Ride: 4Runner
This is why I don't read/watch the news. It is utter garbage and I'm happier not being exposed to such drivel.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #16
MotorWerkz

My Ride: E280, X5, X6
Send a message via AIM to MotorWerkz
Huffpost is a cesspool of sexist, racist, misandrist and misanthropist. it's basically the opposite end of breitbart.