E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #81
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 335
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Kids demanding day off to cry over election

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8367
__________________
"In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others create" - Thomas Sowell
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:31 PM   #82
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,020
My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Kids demanding day off to cry over election

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8367
I think I'm going to cruise over to Pitzer College in Claremont and watch all of the Lib-Kids pout. People watching on that college campus is entertaining.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwel on "Manhattan Project"
You heard of me.....burgandy and outlines like murder scenes; Germany..took ferns and flat whites for blurring greens.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #83
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 760
My Ride: is a ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Kids demanding day off to cry over election

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8367

And no university has accepted their demands, yet
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #84
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 335
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
And no university has accepted their demands, yet
Trump effect! America is greater already
__________________
"In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others create" - Thomas Sowell
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 04:59 PM   #85
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 964
My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I think I'm going to cruise over to Pitzer College in Claremont and watch all of the Lib-Kids pout. People watching on that college campus is entertaining.
Don't, they are gonna hurt the M4.
__________________

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 11-10-2016 at 05:00 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:10 PM   #86
Black///M
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 56
My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I think I'm going to cruise over to Pitzer College in Claremont and watch all of the Lib-Kids pout. People watching on that college campus is entertaining.
Smart, very smart, probably easy pickings.
Black///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #87
ed17331
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hanover, PA
Posts: 21
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Kids demanding day off to cry over election

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8367
I think some of those petitions are actual intended-to-be-funny jokes.
I mean: stay in bed and drink beer...come on!

Any excuse to get out of class with no consequences will likely be tried.
Because...college.
ed17331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:31 AM   #88
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 335
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/st...trump-victory/
Students Demand Expulsions For Classmates Celebrating Trump Victory
__________________
"In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others create" - Thomas Sowell
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 08:36 AM   #89
mistrzmiasta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,001
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
students can demand whatever they want , i made peace with the idiocy of today's liberal college students. what i do have a problem with is when educators appease those demands.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:21 AM   #90
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow
 
Join Date: Jan 1970
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,020
My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/st...trump-victory/
Students Demand Expulsions For Classmates Celebrating Trump Victory

The sore loser is real, ain't it!?!?! They are literally having a conniption.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwel on "Manhattan Project"
You heard of me.....burgandy and outlines like murder scenes; Germany..took ferns and flat whites for blurring greens.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #91
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 335
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29934/
GMU admissions director: You're a 'piece of worthless trash' if you hold (conservative) beliefs

what a place to open your mind and learn!
__________________
"In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others create" - Thomas Sowell
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #92
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 848
My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/29934/
GMU admissions director: You're a 'piece of worthless trash' if you hold (conservative) beliefs

what a place to open your mind and learn!
That's kind of an odd headline. From the article:

"If you agree with them then that is your opinion. Just know that to the rest of us, you are a piece of worthless trash."


Them = National Organization for Marriage (NOM).
__________________

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET


evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #93
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
That's kind of an odd headline. From the article:

"If you agree with them then that is your opinion. Just know that to the rest of us, you are a piece of worthless trash."


Them = National Organization for Marriage (NOM).
Is that an attempt at justification? I have no idea who NOM is or what they stand for. I may find them totally offensive too. But please explain to me again under what circumstances an admissions director should call people "worthless trash" because of their views? Or is it only o.k. with you or I or even a majority of people disagree with them?

The left constantly slandering and labeling people that disagree with them is precisely what got Donald Trump elected. Their shotgun approach to throwing around disdain snared a lot of decent, honorable people that voted for Trump. If you didn't learn anything else from Trump's election, learn and never forget that. Me, I would rather we ALL learn from that lesson and return to something closer to respectable political discourse in this country.
__________________
Quote:
"Never invest power in government that you would feel uncomfortable leaving in the hands of your worst opponent." -Ben Domenech
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #94
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 848
My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Is that an attempt at justification? I have no idea who NOM is or what they stand for. I may find them totally offensive too. But please explain to me again under what circumstances an admissions director should call people "worthless trash" because of their views? Or is it only o.k. with you or I or even a majority of people disagree with them?
Not really, it was more of a comment that the article had a misleading headline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330

The left constantly slandering and labeling people that disagree with them is precisely what got Donald Trump elected. Their shotgun approach to throwing around disdain snared a lot of decent, honorable people that voted for Trump. If you didn't learn anything else from Trump's election, learn and never forget that. Me, I would rather we ALL learn from that lesson and return to something closer to respectable political discourse in this country.
Lumping all of the left, or right, into a neatly packaged group of disdain is a problem that this country has. It boils down to a lack of empathy.
__________________

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET


evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #95
Act of God
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 335
My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Teachers at UVa mad that Thomas Jefferson quote used in emails, because slave owner

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article...ting-jefferson

Thomas. Jefferson
__________________
"In the modern welfare state, a vote becomes a license to take what others create" - Thomas Sowell
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:18 AM   #96
MDydinanM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: East Coast
Posts: 760
My Ride: is a ///M
Collegiate Insanity Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Teachers at UVa mad that Thomas Jefferson quote used in emails, because slave owner

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article...ting-jefferson

Thomas. Jefferson

Not to mention UVA was founded by Thomas Jefferson. They must be extra upset to work there given how conflicted they must feel. But working at UVA pays the bills!

Story was in the WP, too.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...mepage%2Fstory

Last edited by MDydinanM; 11-15-2016 at 08:18 AM.
MDydinanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #97
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 848
My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
Not to mention UVA was founded by Thomas Jefferson. They must be extra upset to work there given how conflicted they must feel. But working at UVA pays the bills!
. Irony like that is always hilarious
__________________

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET


evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #98
Cabrio330
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Dallas
Posts: 127
My Ride: 2013 F30 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
. Irony like that is always hilarious
Post noted, to remind myself that you really are Even Steven...sometimes. Thanks!
__________________
Quote:
"Never invest power in government that you would feel uncomfortable leaving in the hands of your worst opponent." -Ben Domenech

Last edited by Cabrio330; 11-15-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Cabrio330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #99
2000_328CI
Registered User
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,081
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
Teachers at UVa mad that Thomas Jefferson quote used in emails, because slave owner

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/article...ting-jefferson

Thomas. Jefferson
Heard this one today on the radio. F these kids.
__________________

| 435 HP 328Ci | RRT Racing | Designer Wraps | Active Autowerke | Vorsteiner | STATUS Racing |
Timeless Motor Group
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #100
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 848
My Ride: 2011 BMW 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
Post noted, to remind myself that you really are Even Steven...sometimes. Thanks!
lol

Thanks....I think?

I prefer pragmatism over dogmatism.
__________________

Present
2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V6
Past
2011 BMW 335d, 2011 BMW 135i, 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET


evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use