E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #41
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

My Ride: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
All of my black friends are like Steve, professional, educated, swagged, and conservative AF.

All of my black friends that do well in life are conservative even if they don't realize it and/or haven't adhered to a label. The socioeconomically challenged blacks tend to be more liberal. The old saying seems to be true: "The more money you make, the more conservative you become [naturally]."
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #42
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
sellouts. they're not down for the cause....uncle toms.
...and in an M4 and on a Ducati.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #43
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post

All of my black friends that do well in life are conservative even if they don't realize it and/or haven't adhered to a label. The socioeconomically challenged blacks tend to be more liberal. The old saying seems to be true: "The more money you make, the more conservative you become [naturally]."
The funny thing, blacks in general, on a WIDE scale, are conservative.

1) Blacks are churchgoing folk and most identify as religious.
2) Blacks generally are against homosexuality
3) Blacks believe that if a person earns money, they are entitled to keep as much as possible
4) Blacks believe family is important
5) Blacks respect and honor the military

The liberal whites however, infected the blacks with this notion that they are helpless second class citizens that need to be carried around for fear of burning their feet on the hot sand (competitive marketplace.)

Watch interviews with black folks where they are asked policy questions without the candidate attached, the responses would surprise most.

(Same goes for latinos.)

Last edited by NFRs2000nyc; 11-09-2016 at 08:39 PM.
NFRs2000nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #44
Astheros

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
It couldn't get any worse for actual white working class americans, but nice to know how you feel about white people. No offense, but something tells me you have a job working for someone else, and something tells me that - that someone else is a white person.

How i feel about white people? You guys really love to spin **** around here. Trump got the majority vote from white working class males so my comment makes perfect sense. These voters believe Trump will stop the illegals from taking their jobs, and the muslims from starting a jihad and Trump will make their wages increase and their debt dissapear. Yeah...none of this will happen. Trump is a politician like every other.... voters will soon realize this. And since his biggest voting block was white males then yes my comment was directed at them. It had nothing to do with my views of white people. You guys really love smelling your own farts.

I think some other dude assumed i was a broke ghetto black person it appears from my posts. Chip on the shoulder much?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #45
Astheros

Funny thing is that people continue to divide themselves into Reps or Dems. Conservatives or Liberals...as if ANY political party makes a difference.

Trump and Hillary were the poster childs of career politicians and ruthless capitalism.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:54 PM   #46
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astheros View Post
I think some other dude assumed i was a broke ghetto black person it appears from my posts. Chip on the shoulder much?
I've asked multiple times in one of the LEO threads about your ethnic background, but you always manage to circumvent the inquiry. Why the avoidance?
Old 11-09-2016, 08:55 PM   #47
M3Inline6
aka...Dark Snow

Quote:
Funny thing is that people continue to divide themselves into Reps or Dems. Conservatives or Liberals...as if ANY political party makes a difference.

Trump and Hillary were the poster childs of career politicians and ruthless capitalism.
The political party may not hold much weight these days, but the differences in ideology and perspective between a conservative and a liberal are huge.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-09-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #48
Astheros

MELTDOWN : 2016 Election

Quote:
I've asked multiple times in one of the LEO threads about your ethnic background, but you always manage to circumvent the inquiry. Why the avoidance?

Bc i dont see how it relates. But to please your search bc i have identified myself in other threads. I am an ivy league educated latino male.

Cue all the off topic members who will immediately think i got in bc of affirmative action.

Last edited by Astheros; 11-09-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Astheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #49
Astheros

Quote:
The political party may not hold much weight these days, but the differences in ideology and perspective between a conservative and a liberal are huge.

Between a liberal and conservative absolutely. Between a liberal and conservative POLITICIAN...not so much. Yeah they pass very diff laws but ultimately all carry the same end goal.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #50
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
How i feel about white people? You guys really love to spin **** around here. Trump got the majority vote from white working class males so my comment makes perfect sense. These voters believe Trump will stop the illegals from taking their jobs, and the muslims from starting a jihad and Trump will make their wages increase and their debt dissapear. Yeah...none of this will happen. Trump is a politician like every other.... voters will soon realize this. And since his biggest voting block was white males then yes my comment was directed at them. It had nothing to do with my views of white people. You guys really love smelling your own farts.

Wrong again, Trump was always going to get the white conservative vote, but that wasn't enough...what Trump got, what the other republicans, including Romney were NOT able to get are the very same white DEMOCRATS that put Obama into office. No Trump voter believes anything of what you said, and your blind regurgitation of rhetoric rather than looking at actual facts is exactly why Hillary lost....no one is buying the bullsh!t you're selling, and this time, not even the democrats bought it.

BTW, my above post is backed up with math, so if you'd like the numbers run for you, I can get Zell in here pronto.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:04 PM   #51
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Between a liberal and conservative absolutely. Between a liberal and conservative POLITICIAN...not so much. Yeah they pass very diff laws but ultimately all carry the same end goal.
Why do you keep saying that Trump was a politician?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #52
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
This is very, very bad news

Trump Picks Top Climate Skeptic to Lead EPA Transition
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...pa-transition/

Last edited by cowmoo32; 11-09-2016 at 09:08 PM.
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #53
Astheros

Quote:
Why do you keep saying that Trump was a politician?

Did you vote for him? Was it bc "he is not a politician"

He is a salesman. Same **** diff toilet. The guy is a genius marketer but i dont believe half the crap that came out of his mouth. Maybe thats why i am not as concerned as my peers with his presidency. Itll just be more of the same.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 PM   #54
Astheros

Quote:
Wrong again, Trump was always going to get the white conservative vote, but that wasn't enough...what Trump got, what the other republicans, including Romney were NOT able to get are the very same white DEMOCRATS that put Obama into office. No Trump voter believes anything of what you said, and your blind regurgitation of rhetoric rather than looking at actual facts is exactly why Hillary lost....no one is buying the bullsh!t you're selling, and this time, not even the democrats bought it.

BTW, my above post is backed up with math, so if you'd like the numbers run for you, I can get Zell in here pronto.

Why do you think they voted for him? A big "f u" to washington perhaps?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #55
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post

Why is that?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #56
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & F56 JCW
Quote:

It is beyond terrible. It's the only thing I really care about going to a new president, and this guy is about to seriously do the planet in with all this drill baby drill nonsense.. I could deal with the social conservatism, but his environmental policy is beyond atrocious. I hope him the worst, and Mike Pence too, may a swift assassination be in order..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Why is that?
Because picking someone who won't even acknowledge the problem is many years behind on presenting solutions. Time we don't really have. That permafrost in the arctic won't be holding that nice potent methane in much longer.

http://siberiantimes.com/ecology/cas...bove-the-norm/

We could at least implement some geo-engineering temporary fixes, but when you have people who won't even believe there's a problem, why bother?

Last edited by k2pilot; 11-09-2016 at 09:24 PM.
k2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #57
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: fast
Quote:

Maybe Al Gore was wrong

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:35 PM   #58
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
Maybe Al Gore was wrong
Which time?

#werestillalive
Old 11-09-2016, 09:41 PM   #59
cowmoo32
.--. . -. .. ...

My Ride: Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Why is that?
Because it goes against literally every bit of data that the scientific community, the military, and the DOD have all accepted as fact. The earth is warming at unprecedented levels that cannot be explained by natural fluctuations. I was in the "part of a natural cycle" camp for a loooong time but you can't argue the numbers. Atmospheric data from ice cores allows us to accurately model the changes in CO2 back hundreds of thousands of years and while we do see the CO2 level naturally fluctuating, it has blown past any previous highs and is continuing to climb.

This plot really sends the point home and is a great visualization between the difference between weather and climate. Weather accounts for the small seasonal fluctuations; climate is the overall trend

And here is the plot showing CO2 levels on a longer timescale, ending December 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
It is beyond terrible. It's the only thing I really care about going to a new president, and this guy is about to seriously do the planet in with all this drill baby drill nonsense.. I could deal with the social conservatism, but his environmental policy is beyond atrocious. I hope him the worst, and Mike Pence too, may a swift assassination be in order..
It's not the only thing I care about, but it's a huge issue for me.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #60
Act of God

My Ride: Longboard
Send a message via ICQ to Act of God Send a message via AIM to Act of God Send a message via Yahoo to Act of God
LOL, but this isn't the thread to put you in your ignorant place

anyway