E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 11:12 AM   #81
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
If you do end up w/ the trail gear ones and do the coating yourself go w/ this stuff http://www.monstaliner.com/ Rolled the bedliner down this summer myself as figured for the price difference between that and a line-x job I'd give it a go, I also am not using my bed as a work truck so the abuse level isn't too high. Stuff is great, prep is key.

And for seat covers, I'd recommend Wet Okole if you haven't already made up your mind. The neoprene material is fantastic for all things that may get on them. I haul the dogs during muddy season and just brush them off a day later! Check Tacomaworld forum for a group buy opportunity. They are pricey, however well worth the extra amount. Fit is spot on and again I love the material.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #82
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoToyo View Post
If you do end up w/ the trail gear ones and do the coating yourself go w/ this stuff http://www.monstaliner.com/ Rolled the bedliner down this summer myself as figured for the price difference between that and a line-x job I'd give it a go, I also am not using my bed as a work truck so the abuse level isn't too high. Stuff is great, prep is key.

And for seat covers, I'd recommend Wet Okole if you haven't already made up your mind. The neoprene material is fantastic for all things that may get on them. I haul the dogs during muddy season and just brush them off a day later! Check Tacomaworld forum for a group buy opportunity. They are pricey, however well worth the extra amount. Fit is spot on and again I love the material.
Thanks for the info on the liner, and I'm all over Tacomaworld, waiting on the next WO group buy.

The sliders may wait, just got a great deal on a camera lens.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #83
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Thanks for the info on the liner, and I'm all over Tacomaworld, waiting on the next WO group buy.

The sliders may wait, just got a great deal on a camera lens.
What did you get?
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #84
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
What did you get?
Buying a Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM off a buddy for $350.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #85
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Pretty good piece of glass. Good for vacations.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #86
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Pretty good piece of glass. Good for vacations.
I always borrow it from him for trips, he never uses it, has more glass than he knows what to do with.

He asked if I wanted to buy it and what I wanted to pay for it, I said they go for $450-500 he said how about $350.

Last edited by bgsmith; 03-03-2017 at 05:03 PM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:40 PM   #87
SamDoe1

I had a 24-105 when I shot Canon, it was my go to lens and was on the body 95% of the time. Great glass for all around work. Now if only Sony would come out with something similar at a not ridiculous price point...
Old 03-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #88
bgsmith

Just installed a new blower fan for the heat and AC, no more chirp, it was driving me insane.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #89
bgsmith

OK, will be ordering seat covers soon, need to decide on Wet Okole wetsuit material ones, or Clazzio leather ones. Would go all black no matter what I choose, the Wet Okoles would go more with my truck but the Clazzios would be cheaper.

Wet Okole

Clazzios
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #90
IdahoToyo

You know wet Okoles get my choice. Had them in the Tacoma and now in the Tundra. Things take a beating all seasons w/ the pups and clean up with ease. Super absorbent (given material of course) and dirt just brushes off the next day.

I'd personally pass on the logo inclusions as mine started to wear/peel after about a year given placement and rubbing while getting in and out...might've just been a specific instance for me though.

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #91
bgsmith

Quote:
You know wet Okoles get my choice. Had them in the Tacoma and now in the Tundra. Things take a beating all seasons w/ the pups and clean up with ease. Super absorbent (given material of course) and dirt just brushes off the next day.

I'd personally pass on the logo inclusions as mine started to wear/peel after about a year given placement and rubbing while getting in and out...might've just been a specific instance for me though.
Yeah I figured as much with the logo, I thought they were embroidered initially realized yesterday they were just screen printed (not worth the $30 after discount) I actually ordered the Clazzios today, they were in stock and honestly it was a toss up between the two with me, came down to cost and availability.

With the wet okole group buy I'm looking at a couple months wait, will be upgrading my suspension over Easter weekend and the seat covers are the last thing I'm doing (for now) just want this thing "done" before it gets nice out.

Last edited by bgsmith; 03-31-2017 at 09:46 AM.
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:55 AM   #92
boostedisbetter

My Ride: NiNe tHoUsAnD!!!
I had the neoprene Okoles in my Tacoma, I loved them. Great for the beach or diving.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 03-31-2017 at 09:55 AM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #93
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
I had the neoprene Okoles in my Tacoma, I loved them. Great for the beach or diving.
I'm assuming good for post exercise sweaty asses as well?

Going to be getting a set for the new jeep.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:15 AM   #94
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post

If you join Tacomaworld they have a group buy going on now for any type of car, 20% off.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...signup.483543/
Old 03-31-2017, 01:07 PM   #95
boostedisbetter

My Ride: NiNe tHoUsAnD!!!
Quote:

swamp-ass certified
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #96
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
If you join Tacomaworld they have a group buy going on now for any type of car, 20% off.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...signup.483543/
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
swamp-ass certified
Hate swamp ass.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #97
bgsmith

Quote:
Thanks!
They just kicked it off so it might be a while before you get them, one of the reasons I passed on them, I'm impatient.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:31 PM   #98
SamDoe1

Quote:

Are they waterproof underneath? ie, does water pass through to the seat itself if it's beyond the ability of the material to absorb?
Old 04-03-2017, 11:46 AM   #99
IdahoToyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
Are they waterproof underneath? ie, does water pass through to the seat itself if it's beyond the ability of the material to absorb?
If the amount of water was significant and sat there long enough maybe, I wouldn't have a reference point. I've sat on them post river and lake time a plenty with no issue. The website lists it as 1/2" thick neoprene w/ nylon laminate, so a pretty solid width for water to make it through.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #100
IdahoToyo

Well it'd been a little bit since buying anything for the ol truck, figuring i'll "finish" it on out for the most part this summer. There will always be new shinny things, but I'm sitting pretty content right now.

New add-ons:
S-POD controller
Odyssey Performance Series Battery
Lightbar (had been sitting for a while and finally sorted how I wanted it behind the modified mesh grill)
Fab Four Rear Bumper
Flush mount Rear Backup lights (still need to install)

Plans:
Demello Sliders: Link
Retrofit projectors and blackout headlights Link

Plans:
Demello Sliders: Link
Retrofit projectors and blackout headlights Link