E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2017, 06:58 PM   #21
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2013 Infiniti G37S
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ross- View Post
That's about the size of the b!tch they sat by my table for Easter brunch. Fattest pos in the place and I have to look and the chair struggle while I lose my appetite.

Gas fat people.

Oh, and fvxk GoPro. Just seeing the prices of the accessories turned me off.

Had a sh!t day at work. Not sure where this is going...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using E46Fanatics mobile app
You made my day better...solid laugh over here!
Old 04-18-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
THose are not only a fraction of their ads, but again, a fraction of their market. This was used to also showcase the capability of their camera and their processor. The gopro "be a hero" implied that you'd be badass if you just film yourself on it. Showcasing a feature of your product (like the iphone camera, waterproofness, etc) is NOT the same thing as trying to become an online version of ESPN or something.
do you even know how advertisement works?

tbh i love the gopro. i won't buy their products like apple peeps buy apple products like the previous model is going out of style as soon as the new one comes out but i think it's a solid , high quality product that does exactly what it says it does.

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 04-18-2017 at 09:36 PM.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #23
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
1. It's still a good product.
2. Apple hasn't dropped their price sure, but people still buy them. The next one is going to be over $1,000 and you better believe people will buy it.
3. How has Apple Marketing failed???
Those very same comments also apply to GoPro.

Apple has one of the best marketing machines on the planet. How else can you continue to sell the same product for years without any real advancement and people continue to buy it?
Quote:
THose are not only a fraction of their ads, but again, a fraction of their market. This was used to also showcase the capability of their camera and their processor. The gopro "be a hero" implied that you'd be badass if you just film yourself on it. Showcasing a feature of your product (like the iphone camera, waterproofness, etc) is NOT the same thing as trying to become an online version of ESPN or something.
Huh? Now you're just grasping at straws.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:00 PM   #24
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Again, I have no idea why you lot are comparing GoPro to apple. The companies are nothing alike. You can attempt to liken GoPro to Nikon or canon (all 3 lost massive amount of market share) but even then, it's a poor comparison, because it's a one product company. As an owner of a few gopros and having used them for professional work, I know the shortfalls of them and their refusal to solve the most basic problems demanded by consumers. It was a terribly managed company on virtually every front, simple as that. Comparing them to apple makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #25
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Again, I have no idea why you lot are comparing GoPro to apple. The companies are nothing alike. You can attempt to liken GoPro to Nikon or canon (all 3 lost massive amount of market share) but even then, it's a poor comparison, because it's a one product company. As an owner of a few gopros and having used them for professional work, I know the shortfalls of them and their refusal to solve the most basic problems demanded by consumers. It was a terribly managed company on virtually every front, simple as that. Comparing them to apple makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics
like what?
Old 04-18-2017, 10:11 PM   #26
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: S2000
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Their mistake was not getting into the drone game earlier
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkeiS2K View Post
Their mistake was not getting into the drone game earlier

And when they did, it was a flop because they were falling out of the sky, and DJI shoved the mavic up their ass sideways.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:19 PM   #28
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
And when they did, it was a flop because they were falling out of the sky, and DJI shoved the mavic up their ass sideways.
it was a recall , calm down. they made good on it and i think it's a better concept than the mavic pro. im still waiting on the basic problems of the gopro demanded by consumers....list must be long.

Last edited by mistrzmiasta; 04-18-2017 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #29
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
like what?

Some of the issues have been solved with the later bodies, like a case with a mic hole (I remember having to drill out cases so I could use an external mic to get decent audio,) terrible on board mic, terrible wind resistance with audio recording, no streaming to devices, (not sure if the new ones do), no alarm to let you know memory full, no record light on both sides, record light poorly visible during the day, no onboard USB charging, no way to remotely trigger record/stop (I know they have a remote now for $79.99 as an accessory), there are a few more I just can't think of them at the moment, it's been quite a while since I've used mine. Like I said , the product itself is pretty good, no argument there, but it is overpriced for what it is and the company is poorly managed. They should have kept the price lower, had fewer versions of the camera, and got their drone out at the proper time. It wasn't me that rated Woodman one of the worst CEOs today.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:28 PM   #30
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Some of the issues have been solved with the later bodies, like a case with a mic hole (I remember having to drill out cases so I could use an external mic to get decent audio,) terrible on board mic, terrible wind resistance with audio recording, no streaming to devices, (not sure if the new ones do), no alarm to let you know memory full, no record light on both sides, record light poorly visible during the day, no onboard USB charging, no way to remotely trigger record/stop (I know they have a remote now for $79.99 as an accessory), there are a few more I just can't think of them at the moment, it's been quite a while since I've used mine. Like I said , the product itself is pretty good, no argument there, but it is overpriced for what it is and the company is poorly managed. They should have kept the price lower, had fewer versions of the camera, and got their drone out at the proper time. It wasn't me that rated Woodman one of the worst CEOs today.
my first bmw i bought had a lot of shortcomings that were addressed in later models....what a **** company.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #31
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
my first bmw i bought had a lot of shortcomings that were addressed in later models....what a **** company.

Xenons and iPhone connectivity are still options on the German marques lol. For the amount they charged and the investment people made, they turned off a lot of people, and new models didn't have enough improvement to warrant spending money on a new one. People weren't going to spend another $400 to get a GoPro that had a case with a headphone jack. It frustrated a lot of users. Most of Wall Street agrees that their decision to make numerous models was a mistake. Doesn't matter. Not sure what we are debating. They have been in a freefall for quite some time, and will continue to burn cash. Their buyback program is getting retailers pretty pissy as well. I still think they make a good action cam with good image quality, they just needed to cut the price by at least half because the consumer camera market is all but disappearing.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:44 PM   #32
mistrzmiasta

Quote:
Xenons and iPhone connectivity are still options on the German marques lol. For the amount they charged and the investment people made, they turned off a lot of people, and new models didn't have enough improvement to warrant spending money on a new one. People weren't going to spend another $400 to get a GoPro that had a case with a headphone jack. It frustrated a lot of users. Most of Wall Street agrees that their decision to make numerous models was a mistake. Doesn't matter. Not sure what we are debating. They have been in a freefall for quite some time, and will continue to burn cash. Their buyback program is getting retailers pretty pissy as well. I still think they make a good action cam with good image quality, they just needed to cut the price by at least half because the consumer camera market is all but disappearing.
all im saying is that gopro isn't going anywhere. they'll be around making products that people will continue to buy. i haven't heard of another action camera that i would rather purchase.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:50 PM   #33
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
all im saying is that gopro isn't going anywhere. they'll be around making products that people will continue to buy. i haven't heard of another action camera that i would rather purchase.

I agree, I don't think the products are going anywhere, but I do see a bigger company buying them if anything for customer acquisition. Since nikons keymission was a flop, it would be a good buy for Sony. They are kicking nikons and canons ass anyway, this would be another weapon in their arsenal. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if some huge Chinese giant doesn't scoop them up.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 PM   #34
nikkeiS2K

My Ride: S2000
Send a message via ICQ to nikkeiS2K Send a message via AIM to nikkeiS2K Send a message via MSN to nikkeiS2K Send a message via Yahoo to nikkeiS2K
Quote:
I agree, I don't think the products are going anywhere, but I do see a bigger company buying them if anything for customer acquisition. Since nikons keymission was a flop, it would be a good buy for Sony. They are kicking nikons and canons ass anyway, this would be another weapon in their arsenal. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if some huge Chinese giant doesn't scoop them up.
You have too much faith in the Japanese, my friend. Canon and Nikon are super slow to innovate because they are ran by traditional Japanese men who think "why should we change our business model? we are doing just fine." Toshiba has already proven how such companies are eroding from the inside. Sony seems to be doing a little better in staying relevant, but they are not marketing themselves well and allowing the competition to take all the market share. They are hermit-crabbing again by focusing on the domestic market. I learned Sony's biggest cash cow is Playstation, but with PC and smartphone gaming so popular I really wonder how long that will last.
nikkeiS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #35
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkeiS2K View Post
You have too much faith in the Japanese, my friend. Canon and Nikon are super slow to innovate because they are ran by traditional Japanese men who think "why should we change our business model? we are doing just fine." Toshiba has already proven how such companies are eroding from the inside. Sony seems to be doing a little better in staying relevant, but they are not marketing themselves well and allowing the competition to take all the market share. They are hermit-crabbing again by focusing on the domestic market. I learned Sony's biggest cash cow is Playstation, but with PC and smartphone gaming so popular I really wonder how long that will last.

I was being more specific about their camera division, which has been going full steam. They seem to be moving into the camera trends trying to deliver what consumers are asking for, be it in camera apps, social media access directly from the camera, etc. maybe you're right, maybe it will be the Chinese that step up, maybe even DJI.