E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Enco B046 - Dynavin Clone

692K views 2K replies 279 participants last post by  twinturbos 
#1 ·
Normally I would disregard this, but the price difference is just too huge to ignore. Has anyone tried the Enco B046?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/519290879/Android_car_dvd_player_pc_system.html

I order through Alibaba all the time at work and have had good experiences trading through them.

It looks like an exact clone of the Dynavin Android, for 1/3 of the price. My initial reaction was to disregard it, but if it runs Android and a 720Mhz Arm, then we know it is operationally solid. Only thing I am worried about is the screen and/or amp, if they are different at all.

Has anyone tried this unit? It looks similar enough to have been made in the same factory. For $320 (or $450 for Android version) it might be worth a gamble.

See less See more
#2,199 ·
WinCE Desktop on Enco B046

Hi guys. Is there any way to access the WinCE desktop in the B046?

In the B146 model maybe is posible the access to the desktop by changing the path to the Navy with custom explorer file, but in B046 this is impossible because the navy button bring directly to the android board and is not option to change it

Maybe creating a custom autorun on sd card?

I think is very interestant the access to wince side...

#2,200 ·
Hi guys. Is there any way to access the WinCE desktop in the B046?

In the B146 model maybe is posible the access to the desktop by changing the path to the Navy with custom explorer file, but in B046 this is impossible because the navy button bring directly to the android board and is not option to change it

Maybe creating a custom autorun on sd card?

I think is very interestant the access to wince side...
B046 has no WinCE side afaik. The difference between 046 and 146 is that the navi platform runs android INSTEAD of WinCE.

#2,205 ·
GPS No Signal

i started to get No Signal message when i press the NAVI unit.

i have reset the unit from front bazel. i have checked the gps antenna connection, i have had this unit install over a year now and never had an issue with it with GPS all of the sudden GPS wont function.

could it be my GPS Antenna is bad? has anyone experienced the same issue? if GPS antenna is back shouldn't allow me to get into gps software and menu at least?

#2,209 ·
Bluetooth dropping in and out & Homescreen change?

Hi all. I believe I have a B046, I bought the unit second hand and installed without issue. It has been working find for nearly a year but now the bluetooth (I use it for streaming Spotify from my phone) is dropping in and out intermittently. I have tested with other phones and the issue remains. The song won't stop playing, it will simply appear to be muted. All other functions working fine. Any ideas?

Also, I haven't seen a layout for the non-android side that's the same as mine on any other units. Does anyone else have the same layout? Is it possible to change the initial boot image from a flower to a simple BMW logo?

I've also copied the "About Phone" section below, from reading this thread it appears that it's not possible to update this version, is this correct?

Thanks for reading!

Boot Image

About Phone

Main Menu

#2,212 ·
The bootloop is caused when you shtudown the android side "normally" (ie not cutting off the power), on my unit the ONLY way to get it back was to have the system perform an update with the procedure used to change the framework.jar....

Everytime I tried to use a program to shut down the android side to make it boot faster again I got stuck in the "no signal" bootloop and 2-3 weeks later one day it would just start an update and be back on its feet....

Go figure.....

#2,214 · (Edited)
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee. Tried to perform an ill-advised update, and now mine is stuck in a recovery mode boot loop. It immediately boots into recovery mode, the progress bar goes across the bottom (I assume it's applying the contents of the update.zip from the micro-sd card), then it reboots, and starts the process over again. If I remove the micro-sd card, it gives me this guy:

I've tried throwing the original update.zip from Charles on there, thinking that would put everything back to factory defaults. However, it's the same boot loop.

I'm not really sure what to do next. I don't think that shorting out pin 13 to force an update is going to help, since it's already trying to perform the update. Hopefully mintimperial will get back with me, as I know he has some experience with resurrecting these beasts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.