E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Do I Need To Flare Fenders W/ 19 Bbs Lm's If I Don't Lower My 330 Ci

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Dev 
#1 ·
everyone loves BBS LM but its said that they DONT FIT, do they?

ok so i finally figured out i want BBS LM on my 330Ci so i contact some dealers. so far evryone except D2Technik says:

"The BBS LM in 19 has an offset of 32mm. It's very aggressive and should only be used on the M3, not 330Ci."

WHY? if its just a matter or bending in the fenders a little bit I DONT CARE. but if it's going to affect the performance or damage the suspension then tell me HOW?!

i wish some moderators would step up.

i mean i know they have a positive offset but can you put these rims on your car and if so what's going to happen?! will it damage suspension? affect performance?

please some one who knows help out, especially people out there that have BBS LM on their NON-M coupes.

im sick of riding around on stock wheels its driving me crazy!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Technik said:
They'll fit...the BBS CH in 19X8.5 has an offset of 35mm, the LM in 19X8.5 has an offset of 32mm, that's a difference of +3mm. If you roll, you can fit this wheel no problem.
I agree with Samir. We have both run the 19x8.5 et CHs on our e46s -- mine a coupe, twice over on a sedan for him. And both were/are lowered. Do note that the e46 coupe is more friendly in accomodating aggressive wheel/tire combinations than its sedan counterpart.

My car is pretty low and I have NEVER EVER rubbed with my CHs which are shodded with 235/35-19, even with backseat passengers or loading my car up with my track wheels/tires. Oh, and I have not rolled my fenders either. However, I'm running -around -2.1 degrees of camber in the rear and -1.5 up front which helps alleviate the potential for rubbing issues. Now if you were to dial the negative camber out and have lowered a sedan quite low, than I would imagine some rubbing would occur. But I would be quite surprised if I had any issues running the 19x8.5 et 32 LMs on my car...

#8 ·
if u want to fit 19x9.5s u not just need to Roll the fenders, you need to "extend" them.

#12 ·
I can't understand how hard is it for you figure it out if certain wheels fit or not. You have the most important information the width and the offset -> 32mm.
The stock offset of the 17" rims are 46 mm. If you take a ruler and measure 46 - 32 mm = 14mm, away from the face of the rim you will see if the wheel/tire will rub. If the LM's are 19.5" wide, you add 1" more because your stock rims are 8.5" wide.
Now was that so difficult, it just requires some common sense and basic math skills.

#13 ·
You want a moderator to step up? OK!

If it is available to fit the E46 M3, but in our experience is too agressive for the regular E46s, then we will not list it to fit. If it is close & *could* need some mods to fit, then we will typically offer it & tell you that you *could* need to modify fender, etc to fit.

These are a VERY agressive fitment for an E46 non M. If you want them, and like you said, you "dont care", then I will be happy to sell them to you as a non-returnable, 'on your own to make it work' fitment. If you are prepared to do what it takes then call me & I will work with you to get you what you want, but you must understand we accept no responsibility for your use on the car.

Call me if I can help! :thumbup:

#15 ·
BBS LMs WILL FIT!
<font size=1>(You just have to fork over a lot of $$$ for the "extra work" to be done. Money talks. :) )</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.