E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Does anyone know why...

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  parsco 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why the dimmer switch doesn't control the climate control temperature display? I don't keep my dash lights on full brightness (it's just too bright) so the fact that I can't dim the temperature light kind of annoys me...well that, and my OCD on "all things being equal"....

Thoughts?

#3 ·
Really? I had mine turned down all the way (just to check) on my ride home tonight and my climate control stayed bright. I wonder what's up with that on my car?

BTW---thanks for looking at your CC for me!

#5 ·
Well, I guess there is something up with my car then...it's not something to go yanking fuses or messin' with wires, though...just my OCD.

Not too far off topic---I'm curious, though, if this is something to do with my CC unit itself...Many people have complained about the A/C turning on when the car starts and I've always been one to post saying my A/C NEVER turns on when my car starts. I wonder if this ties in with the "dealer programming" thing???

Weird.

#6 ·
there is a light sensor ontop of the light switch, a small glassy pin hole, shine a light in it and your climate, odo reader and car door/light out error status brighten, and dim when you remove the light (use the bmw glovebox flashlight). These are controlled separately from the manual dimmer switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.