E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Will 18x9 ET45 fit all around on an non-M? Also tire size recommendation Q.

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stubs179 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for wheels but with all the resources I've found I'm still not 100% on what will or won't fit without rubbing... This is going to go on my 2001 330i sedan with the H&R touring cup kit.

The wheels I'm looking at are 18x9 ET45 and the recommended tire is the 255/35. I'm fine with going narrower if need be, but not narrow enough to look stretched. I would have preferred an 8.5 wide wheel, but it's not available in the style I've found that I like. I definitely want to stay square, so if I need a spacer up front that's fine too.

Am I just better off finding wheels in 18x8 for a square setup?

Alternatively, since I'm buying these wheels so I can have a set of track-only wheels and tires, would these wheels with 245/35/18 fit without rubbing assuming I don't really care about going full lock if that's where it might rub?

#4 · (Edited)
well im running 18x9 et 42 all around no problems, so i think a spacer should help. No stretched tires either 255/35/r18, lowered H&R sports

#6 ·
I just played around on http://www.tire-size-calculator.info/ and noticed that the stock rear M68 wheel and the 18x9 ET45 goes pretty much exactly as far back towards the suspension. (0.05" difference in backspace) I know for a fact that you can run the rear M68 wheel up front because when I bought my car the previous owner had apparently gone to a slightly clueless shop that had rotated the staggered tires... :tsk:

In any case I'll be able to confirm how it fits in a few days, I ordered those wheels with 245/35/18 tires. If it does need a spacer it's no big deal, I'll be sure to check it carefully before it even gets put on the ground let alone driven anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.