E46 Fanatics Forum banner

>X Painted Headlight aka Chris brown thread! X<

475K views 1K replies 282 participants last post by  phamine 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT: added- diy here http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745888&highlight=

ok, i have been on the fence with this one for a long time, but i have decided, once my car is un burred from the snow, im gonna paint the headlights! I love the chris brown blackout look but i think im gonna go with yellow/gold with 2500k bulbs, or maybe black with 2500k bulbs, i guess im still undecided, if i do black tho, i'll b kicking myself for getting my DRL's turned of recently.

could anyone photo-chop both looks on my car please

Lets see some painted headlights!

so evil

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/afrothunderr86/IMG_56722.jpg?t=1265968883

See less See more
#7 ·
I would do it the way Im did his and just blackout the halogen reflector portion... either that or paint it yellow. Personally, I like the blacked out look more.

#14 ·
i did mine the way yours is, i had 2 after seeing u come down the road b4 our first shoot, thats just the trim tho, most cars have that, i had silver trim, it looks sooooo good with halos.

At one point I had blue and it looked pretty unique. They're silver now...

they looked like the first picture in real life but if you used flash they looked crazy

blue is puuuuuudry, im set on yellow or black tho

and anyone asking how its done, you actually spray paint the chrome reflecting portion of the high beam and some times theprojector bezel

anyone making a photochop?

#284 ·
C'mon Koven...don't be lazy, it's spring now. You should do it, it'd look sick on your car.

did mine in about an hr. I gotta alot of the paint left and I'm in SJ...

if you wanna pick it up ... PM me... I can't imagine I'd need it for anything else.

thanks for the idea guys! I love inexpensive mods that make a difference.... :craig:

#31 ·
I like the yellow look, although I would want the fogs to match so I would paint the inside of the fogs too.... this might take away from the brightness though but it will look uniform rather then paint the cover yellow. You can't go wrong on the color unless it's pink.:thumbsup:

#29 ·
its an easy mod, u just gotta take your time with it and really mask everything off well, weather u do it on the car, or take the headlight out, you still have 2 do very careful masking unless you want 2 disassemble the ENTIRE headlight and thats a PITA and will probibly result in a 5hr + job. the 2 diy's ive seen, you just remove the headlight lens, bulb, and do a massive masking of everything.

#36 ·
red will b like putting a timer on your car, you're gonna get a ticket ASAP, purple, ummmm no, blue is nice theres a pic of that on here, i'd rather not do blue tho, green, Christmas anyone? so whats really left, yellow and black r ::str8pimpi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.