E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2017, 06:31 AM   #1
JustasJuss

Sedan IronWolf project

Hi everyone!

Today its the day to join the e46 forum like a real user, not only the silent one who only reads threads
First I will introduce a little about myself, so it will be easier to understand me and my projects in the future So I am 27 years guy from Sweden, real petrolhead. My moto is that the most important thing in life is to have fun, and e46 is really funny car. But much more funny to style it I am not the showcar guy, I like real track cars, so most of my projects ar to this side.

Time to introduce my Iron Wolf project!
Its 1999 years 328 M52B28 sedan.

Bought it last summer just for fun, but later came idea to style a little bit. Make it wider. But!! Cant find anything what passes nice to sedan. Hard motorsport flares? Naeh, looks not nice att all and a little bit JDM style.. So first idea was to mount another modell 8cm wider fenders. But they did not passed as I wanted.. And here starts the story..

I am working with fibreglass and carbon fibre, so it was not hard to get the idea to make my own fender flares which will pass perfect!
So first started with buying M3 type fron bumper, because its the nicest one for me.

The type of fender flares.. Actually thought to have original fender in ground for the best form and less work. Next step - modell form. Hmm, daily fender flares looks too much JDM, but the guys from Felony Form done very nice work with E36 modell, so decided to use same type, so I can keep the original lines.

Next step was the rims. Bought 19" M5 9J front, 10J rear and 40mm spacers. Just to see how much in real measurements i have to make it wider. Soo rims and spacers mounted, and we can see that must make 60mm wider from original fender P.S. Will be big sport rear diffuser, thats why its cleaned out everything here

For making form i used speciall car clay, so it was easy work. Later some putty and we can take form mould!
It tooked a little bit of time because of lots another projects (in Sweden spring time April month its a huuge car show event, so a lot of people comes to make their cars nicer and stands up in the show..)
But the progress with e46 goes up ! Here you can see how it should look with finished fenders. Ofcourse its only half way to the track car, in fibreglass/carbon fibre will be all car body hehe!

And the first parts ready in fibreglass! Front flares allready in painting booth and will be moulded again for perfect form, rears soon will go also the same way

And one more idea - louvers hehe, soon will make them also, thinking about nice desing now

Will be updated!
JustasJuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:37 AM   #2
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
this looks like a fun project. cant wait to see what you end up doing. the louvers are interesting too. i use to have a roof spoiler on my e46 and always loved the look of it. the lines of the car play well with your louver idea.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #3
JustasJuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
this looks like a fun project. cant wait to see what you end up doing. the louvers are interesting too. i use to have a roof spoiler on my e46 and always loved the look of it. the lines of the car play well with your louver idea.
Thank you! I think louvers are very sexy on those cars! I will make them as soon as my rear fenders done. Another thing is that I thought to drive in track days without rear window, so a little bit of fresh air can come in on hot summer days. And not afraid of a rain water
Old 02-26-2017, 05:34 AM   #4
WhatsAnE46

My Ride: not a crotch rocket
great start, can't wait to see your progress
Old 02-26-2017, 05:44 AM   #5
JustasJuss

Yesterday modified rear fenders to easier mounting and with more place inside for rims this week will be finished and continued work with louvers gtr m3 hood also in progress

Last edited by JustasJuss; 02-26-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:21 AM   #6
JustasJuss

Rear fender nr1 done

Last edited by JustasJuss; 03-01-2017 at 07:22 AM.