E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-12-2015, 07:57 AM   #61
leonardo_

My Ride: 323CI Cabrio, X1 18d
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
Looking real good. Im glad to see the progress you're making. I would consider finding a set of oem led tails for your car. It'll really set it off
I must confess, that i'm starting to think to do that modification, but theres a lot of work to be done before.

Like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syfon View Post
I second that.

OEM LED tail lights would make your car look so much better.

Car is coming along beautifully.

I must ask - with all the money/time/work being spent restoring it, why not just drop an M3 engine/drivetrain in and be done with the power side of things?
That would be the MODIFICATION, an m3 engine/drivetrain

I dont know the prices in Australia, but for example, i bought the car for 9.000
euros, already spent little over 1500 euros with everything i did to him, like paint, manifold, full service etc. and in Portugal an m3 engine cost no less than 4.000 euros with no drivetrain...

unfortunately is not in my plans in a near future...

with this modifications, i think i will me able to get little over 200hp, maybe 210hp, instead of the 170hp, i think i will be happy for now!!!

Last edited by leonardo_; 11-12-2015 at 08:08 AM.
leonardo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #62
Syfon

My Ride: 2004 6MT M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo_ View Post
That would be the MODIFICATION, an m3 engine/drivetrain

I dont know the prices in Australia, but for example, i bought the car for 9.000
euros, already spent little over 1500 euros with everything i did to him, like paint, manifold, full service etc. and in Portugal an m3 engine cost no less than 4.000 euros with no drivetrain...

unfortunately is not in my plans in a near future...

with this modifications, i think i will me able to get little over 200hp, maybe 210hp, instead of the 170hp, i think i will be happy for now!!!
Of course it would be! Haha.

Prices here in Australia are a lot more than for you! An M3 engine alone will set you back $10K AUD.

Wow, so little spent and she is looking fantastic.

Seriously though, keep up the great work
Old 11-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #63
leonardo_

so little spend, because i know several friends who are mecanics... thats why, and ebay.de its a good help for us in Portugal.

Thanks, hope i can mount the intake manifold in the next week, and than a dyno, and than a tune to the ECU
Old 12-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #64
leonardo_

So, i tried to mount the m54 intake, and it was not easy, me and a friend took over 8 hours to do it, and in the end, we were missing the Disa Valve... Had to buy a new one, from a m54 intake.

Like i said, in the end and with the old disa valve (not compatible), the only error i had was MAF sensor, and the engine was popping from the intake

So Christmas arrived and a few gifts came with it...

A new Disa Valve

A strut Bar

New suspension arms and full kit, like i posted before

And also a new shift knob, original one, and short model.

So i will start 2016 with a lot of work, finishing the intake swap, suspension arms kit, strut bar and shift knob...

And than i'm thinking on doing a Dyno.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #65
leonardo_

The car is almost ready to go to the dyno and custom tune.

meanwhile, just bought a set of 330ci brakes. They will be sand blasted, the rubbers will be replaced and finaly painted, not sure yet, what color.

in the end, i will buy new drilled disks and pads!!!

Last edited by leonardo_; 02-18-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #66
CincyBMWCrazy

My Ride: 2000 323 Cabrio E46
[QUOTE=leonardo_;16900510]The car is almost ready to go to the dyno and custom tune.

meanwhile, just bought a set of 330ci brakes. They will be sand blasted, the rubbers will be replaced and finaly painted, not sure yet, what color.

in the end, i will buy new drilled disks and pads!!![/QUOTE

Do those calipers just bolt up? I wonder if the M's will bolt up?
CincyBMWCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:20 AM   #67
leonardo_

The 330ci calipers are plug and play, but the m3 e46 calipers are not plug and play.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:24 AM   #68
DropTopKingM3

My Ride: All German
Looking real good. I'm liking the mod list you got so far!

^Don't say my car is topless, say the t!tties is out^
DropTopKingM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:25 AM   #69
pedrodamenezes

My Ride: E46 325ci Cabrio
Hello Leonardo! So good to see another portuguese cabrio being treated like it deserves! Congratulations!
I also bought a 2002 325ci convertible a couple of weeks ago and I found this thread to be very inspiring for me, because you did so many mods that I also plan to do in mine... Thank you for sharing this with us!

How hard was to put the HID in your halogen lights? I have to do that myself...
pedrodamenezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #70
leonardo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post
Looking real good. I'm liking the mod list you got so far!
Thanks, although its just a 323ci, and not a very fast car, i want it to brake well, and be a safe car to drive!!!

I'm dreaming on reaching the power of the strongest NA e46 323ci of the forum, 192 whp

Last edited by leonardo_; 02-25-2016 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #71
leonardo_

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrodamenezes View Post
Hello Leonardo! So good to see another portuguese cabrio being treated like it deserves! Congratulations!
I also bought a 2002 325ci convertible a couple of weeks ago and I found this thread to be very inspiring for me, because you did so many mods that I also plan to do in mine... Thank you for sharing this with us!

How hard was to put the HID in your halogen lights? I have to do that myself...
thanks Pedro, and congratulations on the new car!!!

piece of advice, don't do what i did with the headlights, they will became very pretty, but at night they are very weak... i'm starting to think to slowly install the oem xenon with washers and everything, its an expensive puzzle, but it will stay great!!!

You have to open your won page in the forum

Last edited by leonardo_; 02-26-2016 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 10:12 AM   #72
pedrodamenezes

I'm planning to do the diary thread of my own convertible too, but I want to take good pictures and it seems that someone up above only sends good weather when I'm working...

About the HID, did you use the Marimotos projectors from the company "The retrofit source"? I always heard that the OEM Xenon projectors easily burn and give poor light too (even in this forum they say it). And that the ZKW halogens burn up easily too! The Bosch (AL) ones are the better quality headlights.

About the washers, no need to say anything more, we both know how our police are!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:02 AM   #73
leonardo_

Quote:
I'm planning to do the diary thread of my own convertible too, but I want to take good pictures and it seems that someone up above only sends good weather when I'm working...

About the HID, did you use the Marimotos projectors from the company "The retrofit source"? I always heard that the OEM Xenon projectors easily burn and give poor light too (even in this forum they say it). And that the ZKW halogens burn up easily too! The Bosch (AL) ones are the better quality headlights.

About the washers, no need to say anything more, we both know how our police are!
i used chinese projectores...

i was also thinking on maybe installing depo headlights with angeleyes.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:21 AM   #74
pedrodamenezes

A relative of mine had a 318tds E36 and he bought Depo headlights with angeleyes too. The intensity of light was so poor he had to change them again to some other better brand like MHW. Also had a costumer in my job with a Mercedes SLK and he complained about the same problem with Depo lights. But they are really inexpensive compared to some better brands, I can understand it!

I am thinking of buying the Bi-Xenon Morimoto mini stage III (H1). I heard very good reviews of it here in this forum. Also they have a very good customer support and already said what is best for my car along with some good advices.

The customs will murder me, but I think it's worth it.

P.S.- For the ZKW headlights they have a very inexpensive kit that is very easy to install. You can see it here.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:28 AM   #75
leonardo_

Morimoto are terrible expensive... for that price, in portugal or even in Ebay.de i will go on OEM headlights all the way
Old 02-26-2016, 06:52 AM   #76
pedrodamenezes

Don't get me wrong, I do not have any problem with OEM Xenon headlights (and I am always a OEM freak) except the fear of them burning up like the halogen ZKW ones... This way I could use my actual Bosch headlights.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:56 AM   #77
leonardo_

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I do not have any problem with OEM Xenon headlights (and I am always a OEM freak) except the fear of them burning up like the halogen ZKW ones... This way I could use my actual Bosch headlights.
I don't believe they are so easily burned, i know plenty of e46 cars in portugal, and never heard of that... also my car, is a weekend car, and usually only drives during the day, but OEM for now looks like the most interesting way
Old 02-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #78
pedrodamenezes

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo_ View Post
You have to open your won page in the forum
I've done it already!
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...7#post16909957
Old 03-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #79
leonardo_