E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 01:16 PM   #21
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
pwnd't
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:17 PM   #22
aarondb4
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 441
My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
NFR's car would have won until he turbo'ed it. Now it has too much power to control and has actually become slower. Just look at the drop in his times at running the Dragon.

Stock S2K would beat both cars.

Literally any Chrysler product would beat all.
__________________
2002 BMW 330CI Convertible

Last edited by aarondb4; 03-20-2017 at 01:49 PM.
aarondb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #23
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondb4 View Post

Literally any Chrysler product would beat all.
would beat s2k:

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #24
aarondb4
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 441
My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI Vert
I believe it has to be a Fiat era Chrysler. Will wait for NFR to confirm.
__________________
2002 BMW 330CI Convertible
aarondb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:47 PM   #25
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 962
My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondb4 View Post
NFR's car would have won until he turbo'ed it. Not it has too much power to control and has actually become slower. Just look at the drop in his times at running the Dragon.

Stock S2K would beat both cars.

Literally any Chrysler product would beat all.
Seems legit.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #26
trizzuth
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: MA$$HOLE
Posts: 6,013
My Ride: 231k, 16yr old B3AST
NFRs2000NYC's s2k vs some dude's 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondb4 View Post
I believe it has to be a Fiat era Chrysler. Will wait for NFR to confirm.


I say let's pin the incredibly weak, too small for a man of average stature, ugly in stock form, rice burner against the Giulia Quadrifoglio. K?

Flame suit on


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
__________________

Last edited by trizzuth; 03-21-2017 at 09:10 AM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #27
Serega91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Moscow, Russia and U.S.
Posts: 612
My Ride: 03' WRX, 07' S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
I say let's pin the incredibly weak, too small for a man of average stature, ugly in stock form, rice burner against the Giulia Quadrifoglio. K?

Flame suit on


Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app
323i would **** on the Alfa in the twisties. The Alfa would crash and burn.
Serega91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #28
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,650
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
pwnd't
fAfA?
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #29
1stWorldProblems
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: St. Cloud, FL
Posts: 5
My Ride: 04 330i, 05 S2000
I own both of these cars. I have an 05 S2000 and 04 330i zhp w/ 6 speed. S2k has intake and 330i is stock. They're about the same and it will be a drivers race. Stuff like extra passengers or amount of fuel in the tank is what makes a difference


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2004 330i ZHP
2005 S2000
1stWorldProblems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:47 PM   #30
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stWorldProblems View Post
I own both of these cars. I have an 05 S2000 and 04 330i zhp w/ 6 speed. S2k has intake and 330i is stock. They're about the same and it will be a drivers race. Stuff like extra passengers or amount of fuel in the tank is what makes a difference


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've also owned both... I think the S2k still wins every time.

S2k gets the jump here but still pulls away hard

Start vid @3:30
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 03-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #31
NYRhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 318
My Ride: '04 IR ZHP 6MT Sedan
holy crap, the bmw driver must suck to get left behind like that by a S2000 when the specs are not all that different
NYRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #32
1stWorldProblems
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: St. Cloud, FL
Posts: 5
My Ride: 04 330i, 05 S2000
I had my buddy drive my s2k home when i bought my zhp, we did a race on the hwy from a rolling start and the zhp could not pull away from the s2k, but he also did not pass me either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2004 330i ZHP
2005 S2000
1stWorldProblems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #33
NFRs2000nyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NYC/NJ
Posts: 962
My Ride: S2000+Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
I've also owned both... I think the S2k still wins every time.

S2k gets the jump here but still pulls away hard

Start vid @3:30
And that's another thing I miss since turboing the S, the NA sound at 9k. It still sounds awesome, but different.
__________________
NFRs2000nyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #34
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,660
My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
holy crap, the bmw driver must suck to get left behind like that by a S2000 when the specs are not all that different
What's your definition of "not all that different"?

The S2000 has 20 more hp, and 40 fewer ft/lb of torque but weighs at least 500lbs less than the E46. Not to mention the gear ratios being vastly different and the ability of the S2000 to rev quite a lot higher.

They are not at all the same and that race shows you exactly what would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stWorldProblems View Post
I had my buddy drive my s2k home when i bought my zhp, we did a race on the hwy from a rolling start and the zhp could not pull away from the s2k, but he also did not pass me either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That means your buddy was in the wrong gear and/or sucked at driving a manual. Also, please don't street race.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #35
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post

That means your buddy was in the wrong gear and/or sucked at driving a manual. Also, please don't street race.
This. So much this.

Like I said... S2k will pull every time with equally good drivers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #36
NYRhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 318
My Ride: '04 IR ZHP 6MT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDoe1 View Post
What's your definition of "not all that different"?

The S2000 has 20 more hp, and 40 fewer ft/lb of torque but weighs at least 500lbs less than the E46. Not to mention the gear ratios being vastly different and the ability of the S2000 to rev quite a lot higher.
.
From zeroto60times.com and 0-60 specs.com a S2000 will range from 5.4-6.3 seconds 0-60 and 13.8-14.7 in the quarter depending on the year while the zhp tested at 5.6 and 14.3 by car and driver.

Not all that different.
NYRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #37
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
From zeroto60times.com and 0-60 specs.com a S2000 will range from 5.4-6.3 seconds 0-60 and 13.8-14.7 in the quarter depending on the year while the zhp tested at 5.6 and 14.3 by car and driver.

Not all that different.

Do you understand how many car lengths .5 seconds is when going, say, 100mph?

Also, from a roll is very different, S2k would win a roll race every time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.

Last edited by boostedisbetter; 03-22-2017 at 02:38 PM.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #38
NYRhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 318
My Ride: '04 IR ZHP 6MT Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post
Do you understand how many car lengths .5 seconds is when going, say, 100mph?

Also, from a roll is very different, S2k would win a roll race every time.
Approx 70ft or 5 zhp car length's but that zhp looked like he was in a different town. And the zhp test puts it about the middle range of what the S2000 does, so it's not like "all S2000s" will be faster since as a matter of fact a lot will be slower.

and from a roll C&D has the S2000 at 6.9 seconds (5-60) and the zhp at 6.4 but you may have meant a different speed range, donno.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-specs-page-2

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-specs-page-2

Again, that 330 driver must suck.

Last edited by NYRhockey; 03-22-2017 at 02:57 PM.
NYRhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #39
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,621
My Ride: 2008 S2000, 2009 CBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRhockey View Post
Approx 70ft or 5 zhp car length's but that zhp looked like he was in a different town. And the zhp test puts it about the middle range of what the S2000 does, so it's not like "all S2000s" will be faster since as a matter of fact a lot will be slower.

and from a roll C&D has the S2000 at 6.9 seconds (5-60) and the zhp at 6.4 but you may have meant a different speed range, donno.
I can't believe we are even debating this

Comparing racing these cars is like watching two turtles fight over lettuce.


No, that's not the kind of roll race I mean. @5mph the ZHP is getting to use all it's torque while the S2000 bogs till 6200rpm and then gets going.
A roll race where the S2k is sitting at vtec crossover on start, the s2k wins and pulls every time with equally good drivers(I sound like a broken record here)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
(2/14/2017)Trump, by definition is a nitwit. He has every opportunity to make sound decisions, and he is incapable. I can't see this guy lasting 4 years without resigning or being impeached.
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:12 PM   #40
SamDoe1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Minnesnowta
Posts: 3,660
My Ride: 4cyl of fury
Not worth it dude, let it go.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use