E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Flat tire indicator on m3

964 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  blackbmw330 
#1 ·
One of the front tires was down to 30 psi while the others were still at 36psi. I check that tire and didn't see any nails or anything. I remember before I had one tire go below 30psi before and no indicator came on. Does anyone know what triggers the flat tire indicator?

Also I filled that front tire back to 36psi and the indicator is still on. Do I reset it somehow?

#2 ·
with key in position 2 press and hold the traction button for 5 seconds or so. it'll turn off. Hopefully it'll stay off, mine has been ON for the past few months. I got brand new tires put on and the damn thing won't go away. I turn it off, drive for 30 mins and it's BAAACK. i won't take it to a dealer because, they just reset it, kept the car for 1 day, returned it and on the way home it went off again. I don't mind it.

The way it works, is it measure the rotational speed of the wheel. if it's faster/slower than others, the INDICATOR COMES on. flat tire make wheel seem smaller (in diameter) which makes it spin faster to keep up with other, and the light is ON. hope that helps.

#3 ·
toyrunr said:
with key in position 2 press and hold the traction button for 5 seconds or so. it'll turn off. Hopefully it'll stay off, mine has been ON for the past few months. I got brand new tires put on and the damn thing won't go away. I turn it off, drive for 30 mins and it's BAAACK. i won't take it to a dealer because, they just reset it, kept the car for 1 day, returned it and on the way home it went off again. I don't mind it.

The way it works, is it measure the rotational speed of the wheel. if it's faster/slower than others, the INDICATOR COMES on. flat tire make wheel seem smaller (in diameter) which makes it spin faster to keep up with other, and the light is ON. hope that helps.
Thanks for the info. I have turned it off. Hopefully it doesn't come back on tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.