E46 Fanatics Forum banner

M3 Major accident today

6K views 60 replies 40 participants last post by  daytonaviolet 
#1 ·
My 2003 m3 is done.

I had a major accident today in fremont, Decoto Rd. I was stopped behind a mustang which was stopped infront of a traffic light when all of a sudden this big truck came smashing to the back of me. Bamm! SO I go forward and hit the mustang's rear booom.

My rear was completely destroyed, sorry no pics yet. Rear windshield shatered but was held together with tint. bumpers gone, not sure aboout the exhaust, but the rear is smashed.

the front, hood buckled, grills gone, didnt check the engine.

On the instrumentation panel, air bag lights shown as deployed but they did not deploy.

Do you think insurance will say this is salvaged or they willty to fix it. I will try to get some pics up.

#2 ·
tdubb1234 said:
My 2003 m3 is done.

I had a major accident today in fremont, Decoto Rd. I was stopped behind a mustang which was stopped infront of a traffic light when all of a sudden this big truck came smashing to the back of me. Bamm! SO I go forward and hit the mustang's rear booom.

My rear was completely destroyed, sorry no pics yet. Rear windshield shatered but was held together with tint. bumpers gone, not sure aboout the exhaust, but the rear is smashed.

On the instrumentation panel, air bag lights shown as deployed but they did not deploy.

Do you think insurance will say this is salvaged or they willty to fix it. I will try to get some pics up.

that sucks man, but I guess you are OK. It matters how how the insurance adjuster will quote, your frame is probably bend so hopefully they total it, .... I think you neck hurts thought oh and your back also $$$$$ and what about the airbag???? BMWNA should hear about that one... how many miles did you have on the car??

#4 ·
I have never reported an accident to the insurance. so I dont know if I need to argue with them.

The car had 26500 miles on it. not a scratch on it before the accdent. I have already filed a claim and told them no injuries but tomorrow I might be hurting who knows.

joserse46 said:
that sucks man, but I guess you are OK. It matters how how the insurance adjuster will quote, your frame is probably bend so hopefully they total it, .... I think you neck hurts thought oh and your back also $$$$$ and what about the airbag???? BMWNA should hear about that one... how many miles did you have on the car??

#5 ·
WTF did the dude/bim in the truck say? did you try to kill him/her (i would)

g

tdubb1234 said:
My 2003 m3 is done.

#6 ·
Hey also can someone recommend a good body shop for them to tow my car to in fremont? Is EMC collision good? I heard they specialize in bmw body collisions

insurance wants me to tow the car to a body shop of my choice before the examiner shows up to look at the car

#17 ·
IF it's not totaled, perfect time for a CSL Trunk lid & CSL Bumper. Sounds like it's totaled to me though. Sorry about your loss, hope you're okay. You'll find out about injuries tomorrow morning if you wake up with a stiff neck and back. Good luck to ya with the insurance.

#21 ·
tdubb1234 said:
I have never reported an accident to the insurance. so I dont know if I need to argue with them.

The car had 26500 miles on it. not a scratch on it before the accdent. I have already filed a claim and told them no injuries but tomorrow I might be hurting who knows.
You should get checked out anyway, seriously. When I got rear ended my neck and back were messed up for a while. I had to do physical therapy 3 times a week for about 6 six after the accident ( and didn't have my car for 2 months :cry:, check out my sig for a shot of it ). It's always best to go through the motions even if you're not feeling it now, cause it can come back to get to you later on and you don't want to be the one paying for it. I saw the bill they sent her insurance company.....holy crap.....between that and the bill for fixing the car I wonder if they dropped her.

#23 ·
cookieronster said:
can you sue BMW for your airbag not deploying even when the light came on? fishhhy fisssshhhy...
i dunno, but on my dads old E36 3 series, he got in a bad accident when it was raining, spun out and hit a tree. The whole passenger side, from the front to back, of the car was F-ed up, even the front passenger rim was bent. Yet the airbag still didnt deploy?

#26 ·
Just don't say to anyone, even your Ins, that you are OK... I know you did, but don't write that down or sigh anything that says that.
Injuries from this type of accident can take quite a while to show up.
One of the reasonr that in Cali (IIRC) you have one year from the accident date to file for Medical claims.

glad you're ok man that's the important part,
Always hated the trucks on Decoto, seemed that they were always half asleep anyway... and that was way many years ago. Somethings never change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.