E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What DREAM color vert combination would "I" want from dealer, price no object......

• Triple BLACK.....that is any BLK ext, BLK interior, BLK top

Votes: 21 14.9%
  • TiAg SILVER (Titanium Silver) BLACK interior

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • TiAg SILVER (Titanium Silver), GREY interior

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • ALPINE WHITE, RED/Black interior

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • IMOLA RED, BLACK interior

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • IMOLA RED, RED interior

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • SONORA (gold), TAN/SAND interior

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • OXFORD GREEN, TAN/SAND interior

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • BLUE, TAN/SAND interior

• LAGUNA SECA BLUE, GREY interior

• LAGUNA SECA BLUE, BLACK interior

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • DARK BLUE, BLACK interior

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • DARK BLUE, TAN/SAND interior

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • ELECTRIC RED, BLACK interior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .....ANY....with ....CINNAMON INTERIOR...post w/EXT desire

Votes: 19 13.5%

What is YOUR ideal color combination for an E46 'vert? POLL...

21K views 84 replies 54 participants last post by  tristero 
#1 · (Edited)
As the title states...

POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own. For me, even though I love TiAg, I have to pick Alpine White/Red/Blk,...with a stick, & in M3 model denomination. But let's face it,..the odds of finding that are next to nil, especially w/ LOW mileage, & owned by a doctor or dentist, & been sitting mostly inside a garage most of its life. :dream:

So,...for now, lets's remove the model denomination (M3, 330ci, 325ci, etc) as well as drivetrain (Steptronic, SMG, stick) & stick to interior/exterior color combination. Note: Black exterior means all various black shades. I am not well versed w/ the various exterior Blacks or Silvers, so if you do not see the black or silver or dark charcoal or frozen gray, etc, exterior listed, simply post so Poll can be amended, before you post your poll response.

Few notes (some personal, so please excuse):

1. I love TiAg, only b/c it screams BMW, & I own a TiAg/Blk/5spd vert, but I wouldn't want another TiAg,..been there done that....need color next E46,per discussion w/ girlfirnd.
2. I would reeeally love to have an Alpine White/Red/Blk vert
3. All verts, to me, should be MANUAL, as I've had to put up with driving Chrysler gray interior auto minivans for years, but those days are now over
4. Dove Grey interiors remind me of my Chrysler minivans, so grey not a best interior choice for me at least, so poll likely skewed. Also, many members here have stated grey is dull & boring. I think Grey only looks good w/ TiAg, & possibly, in a stretch, LSB
5. Cinnamon interior is the best,....we ALL know that.....so com'on. But lets be fair to other members' interior choices. Not sure what best EXT color would be w/ cinnamon? Black? Alpine? ...others?....post comment
6. Most members, from posts, don't care for TAN/SAND interiors, so don't be upset if POLL doesn't have that interior color listed
7. Don't see a color combination in POLL? Post, & I will amend

2 things:

(a) SMUUUUV,...you are not allowed to post comments b/c your color combo is uncommon & awesome & your mods are also awesome....so you just get to vote if you were to start afresh, as if you could order a brand new vert from the dealer, price no object.
(2) DropTopKing,..u also, are not allowed to post comments, as your color combo is awesome, & I am jealous. But, as above w/ SMUUUUV, you "may vote", if you wish.

Let's have some FUN with this...what say?

EDIT: this is a MULTIPLE POLL,....so you may pick MORE than 1 (I hope I did that right when posting).
EDIT: this poll in anonymous, meaning you may choose, but your choice(s) is not public knowledge.
EDIT: AAAAAND.....most important, feel free to POST a PIC or 2 of a color combo of your choice....one that is listed in poll ..or not.......it'll make this thread more interesting, non?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always like the color combination Black exterior and Cinnamon interior. I just think it looks sexy, sleek. I've only seen a few in my area. My last bimmer was black on black. I had a choice of getting that or a TIAG with silver interior. So I chose the Black on Black 328ci.

#4 · (Edited)
As the title states...

POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own. For me, even though I love TiAg, I have to pick Alpine White/Red/Blk,...with a stick, & in M3 model denomination. But let's face it,..the odds of finding that are next to nil, especially w/ LOW mileage, & owned by a doctor or dentist, & been sitting mostly inside a garage most of its life. :dream:
I know it says "not what you own" but...

....that is almost exactly what I found last September...and I love it. It was my number one choice and I waited about two years to find it. 2005 with 33k and yes 6sp. It was a garage queen, not sure about the doctor or lawyer though...
I was in a 325Ci vert, Blue with tan, saw this one, took the next day off of work, drove 200+ miles and came home with it. I told myself if I ever found this combo, I would have to jump on it...and jump is what I did...
So...my favorite is what I own. If I had to pick a second one, it would be Black and Cinnamon.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Attachments

#24 ·
This is perfect... :thumbsup: :yikes:

#5 · (Edited)
^...THAT...is exactly what I want, per my original post. :drool:

Q's

1. If you ever wanna sell, may I be first in line? And,..you are in Vancouver, to boot?
2. Did you have to cross the border to get it? Where 200miles did u have to go?

EDIT: whoops,..Vancouver, USA, Wash State, per your license plate !!

Still wanna know A to my Q # 1........??? .... :drool: :bow:

#13 · (Edited)
Well, the answer to Q #1 is...No, sorry. You could be third in line though... But, as I told the first two...Don't hold your breath. I intend on keeping a hold of this one for a while...

Yeah, Vancouver USA...

I did not realize that post was formatted all funny, thats what I get for using the mobile app most of the time...(edit...hopefully fixed now)

Here's a better shot of the interior, and a rare glimpse of the Hardtop on...

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
As the title states...
POLL is for YOUR dream car, NOT what you own.
I bought my car new 12 1/2 years ago so I picked the colors I always wanted.

#15 ·
I have a 330 with dark green metallic exterior and black interior. It's a different color than the green oxford but I like mine because it's unique and appears to swing from green to almost black depending on the light.

With that said, the nicest I've seen is from another fanatic. It's Orient blue with natural brown interior. Sweet!

#10 · (Edited)
I have triple black. I chose that as that's my favorite, and I wouldn't want too light an interior for a vert, showing dirt. However, a black over nat brown interior would be my #1 choice given a wide open field with anything as a choice, and not worrying about dirt. I love cinnamon interiors but not sure how that would look with black exterior. Would someone post a pic of that? BTW, Black/Nat Brown is not listed as a choice.

#12 · (Edited)
I loved Alpine over Imola so much that I was willing to get SMG because there weren't any 6MTs for sale in the entire country at the time. (And there rarely are.)

Having owned 4 stick E46s previously I think that says a lot!

I don't hate SMG most of the time, but if the pump ever goes, I probably won't complain about doing a swap back to the manual.

I think, though, that if I'm allowed to dream, I'd do a custom interior with blue and add blue BBK. Just to be a bit different. My previous cars were all blue and I always dreamed of having the disposable income to do a two-tone interior with blue alcantara. With the vert front seats lacking the U shape stitch I'm kind of thinking that full blue would be too much... as would be the navy top... but who knows.

Perhaps that'll just be my interior in my next M3 project. White over black/blue to compliment my white/red convertible...

Anyway, White/Red for me. For sure. This car design is 14 years old now and I still catch myself staring and drooling at my own car. Just now at a Starbucks I got the front space... and stared at it the whole time I was in there. It's filthy and the sun wasn't even out. Doesn't matter. It's perfect.

Edit: Might as well add some pics... last summer on my anthracite ARC-8s and this year after driving down to Miami on the fake LMs. Love it both ways. Just added white interior trim too to scratch another one of those itches I've had forever... waiting on my new shift knob and dome to complete the interior. Got my front bumper shaved into a Euro reflector-free look in January after the car got hit too. Aside from the dirt the exterior of this 130k old car is like brand new. (Through no fault of my own... I'm far from the most anal about cleanliness. My dog regularly gets rides in the back seat.)

Attachments

#35 ·
Would like pic of this too.

#27 ·
I am still searching for my IR/IR vert...

I saw an AW/LSB vert two days ago but wasnt able to follow the guy and ask he if wanted to sell it (or get a picture) - This is a colour combo I've never seen before in a vert and it looked great!

#34 ·
Pic?

#33 ·
I've got IR on black, but I'd love me some LS Blue on black. 2nd choice would be IR on IR. I'm not a big fan of white cars, although I can definitely appreciate AW on cinn!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.