E46 Fanatics Forum banner

correct xenon bulb?

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Isaac H 
#1 · (Edited)
So it froze a couple weeks ago and my passenger side headlight went out on my 2004 330ci. Took it to the dealership to have them look at it. They came back and said the bulb went out, and that I need a new one. I asked how much, they said >$240 for just the bulb. That's just crazy.

Anyways after a bit of research. It seems that I need a new d2s bulb correct? I looked on amazon and there's a bunch of them. Which one should I get? I want something that's white. 5k? 6k? If someone could recommend a set, that would be great.

I saw someone recommend these while browsing on another forum.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=1250

Are they any good?

Thanks for the help

#4 ·
Read my sticky for the lighting guide. I have a link there explaining the different temps for each bulb.

If you want white color get either Philips Ultinon which are around $100 on ebay for genuine or get THE best bulbs Osram CBI which cost $185 from TRS.

The Morimoto's are good if you're on a budget.

#11 · (Edited)
Hey guys, after installing the new bulbs and driving around for a few nights. The passenger side headlight started flickering and then went out completely. Curious, I popped open the cover to take a look inside. I noticed that the green wire the connects to the igniter had broken. I tried searching realoem.com to find the part, but no luck. :( Anyone know what part this is and where I can get a replacement. I need some help identifying the part number for the wires that connect to the igniter in the headlights. I've attached a pic to help.

Thanks for the help.

#14 ·
Hey guys, hate to bring up an old thread but I got the same problem except it is my red wire that is broke.

Do I need to take any precautions besides turning off the headlights to begin? Will they splice and reconnect just like home stereo wiring? If anyone could dumb the process down for me, that'd be great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.