E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Sprint Booster Review - 2004 330ci Auto

12K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  330xIce 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I received the sprint booster from Turner and installed it once I got home. Installation is very simple but it can be tedious if your gas pedal assembly won't budge. In that case just apply more pressure onto the white tab using a flathead and it'll slide right off.

Anyway, the results from this little gadget are pretty impressive. I know a lot of fellow fanatics insist that one should simply floor the pedal to yield the same effect but the sprint booster holds more value than that.

The switch comes with three selections, as most of you know; factory (off) setting, sport (green) setting, and race (red) setting. Sport setting is decent and noticeably increases response. Yes, I will say that the car should have come factory like this. Race setting is where I could not stop grinning everytime I accelerated. Since it is midnight here in Cali I was able to really test out this setting from full stops, slow rolls, cruising speeds, and highway speeds. "Awesome" would be an understatement. It is not hard to control the sensitive throttle as some would think; I kept smooth acceleration from rest with ease so MPG shouldn't be much of an issue.

The sprint booster has the ability to save its last setting after disconnecting the toggle switch. I left mine on race setting after the first 30 min test drive.

In the end, I feel that the sprint booster is a great modification for these cars and everyone who is interested should give it a shot when the opportunity arises. I'm 100% satisfied with my purchase.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the write up! I'd like to get one for my '99 but I've heard they won't work because the throttle is different. Anyone know if they will?

#8 ·
i had sprint booster and it was horrible on a manual. the throttle is so sensitive in race mode that going back to stock is just so much easier and less of a headache. and for 300 bucks you might as well drop 50 more and get the shark injector that does the same thing but also adds some hp

#11 ·
I did a search on the Shark Injector on this forum but didn't find any real test reports. Does the Shark do the same thing as the Sprint but with extras? In other words, the gas pedal feel on my 330 basically sucks... especially when easing away from a stop sign etc. The Sprint Booster sounds like it might solve the problem. Will the Shark solve this problem as well? It seems that with the "fuel enrichment, transition fueling, camshaft timing, ignition timing, and VANOS control" enhancements it's a better bang for the buck.

#12 ·
A tune is a tune, of course it's better than the sprintbooster because it's actually giving you REAL horsepower and torque, and you will always have it. Of course you can feel it aswell, the tune unlocks the ECU to the max for the most power, and the Sprintbooster Unlocks the accelerator to the max aswell with 3 options(stock,Sport,and Racing) I think it's worth it, works great with both too. Hope this helped.

#13 · (Edited)
I have both the shark injector and sprint booster installed on my car. The shark injector alone was pretty awesome. It wasn't as dramatic as some might expect but it definitely refined the car and brought it to a higher level. I noticed more power in the mid to high range as well as improved throttle response. Coupling this with the sprint booster made it feel like more of a sports car than a luxury car. Its a great combination for those performance minded enthusiasts.

#18 ·
Yeah I was gonna do that to but I didn't want to get into a mess lol. I break alot of stuff, so I try to take less parts off as possible lol. Tell me how it goes mate!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.