E46 Fanatics Forum banner

18x9.5 ET45 (rear) on 2001 330 coupe???

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ElrichMeister 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got a set of VMR VB3 hyperblack csl reps, 18x8.5 ET40 front, and 18x9.5 ET45 rear. Did a test fitment, front seems to be fine no rubbing, plenty of clearance hopefully. But the rear wheels on the inside lip is insanely close to the inside wall of the wheel well.

I was wondering if anyone has ran such a setup on a non m e46? any issues? rubbing? spacers needed? or did I just :censor: up?
Not sure what tire size I want to run, I was thinking 255/35 or 255/40 on rear. Also, the suspension is stock on all four corners.

here's some pics...

Got'em @ ModBargains.com :borat: HIGH FIVE :borat:

Rear...

Rear lip, too close for comfort???

Front...

See less See more
#9 ·
Hmm, how'd you test for that as I assume you didn't let the car down on the wheels. Apexraceparts.com has a really good fitment guide for the E46 and didn't have any huge concerns with an 18x9.5 ET45

#10 ·
No I didn't have it on the ground, it was on a lift and we put the wheel (without the tire) on while it was in the air for a test fit. Is it possible that once it's on the ground that it wouldn't be a problem? Yeah I've looked on apexracepart and other places as well saying those shouldn't have any major concerns aside from maybe rolled fenders which I'm totally fine with doing

#11 ·
If it was on a lift so I assume suspension was uncompressed therefore you should be ok as the geometry of the wheel changes as you lift it up off the ground. Better way to do it would be put that corner on a jack stand, put on wheel and jack up from the rear on the shock gently to compress it to ride height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.