E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Rial Daytona - Help determine OFFSET (with PICTURES)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  VMRWheels 
#1 ·
Whats up guys,

I'm trying to list up a set of rims I had on my E46 vert w/ a custom widebody. I completely forgot what offset these rims came with. I measured the backspace on both wheels, and the offset its giving me sounds too crazy, I'm having a hard time believing that the offset is this low.

I would REALLY appreciate if someone can give me a confirmation on my calculation or guestimate what offset the rims are based on the pictures. I installed the rims on a E46 M3 Coupe and compressed the suspension as far as I can without lifting the car even more.

Here are the specs:

Front:
19x8.5 with a 5.25" (I measured the width of the rim from edge to edge and for some reason its telling me 9.75" wtf? can the wheel really be 8.75"?)

The back of the wheel is stamped ET40... but can't be certain because I didn't buy these wheels new and since this wheel is 2pc, the lips are interchangeable.

Rear:
19x11 with 6.25", rim measures 12" so 11" is accurate.

Back of the wheel is stamped ET14, but I doubt thats the case because I think the lip was upgraded to a 4" from a 3".

Here are the pics, please look at them and let me know what you think.

The rear:

The front

PLEASE help me determine the offset.

See less See more
#2 ·
It's perfectly possible to have an 8.75" wide wheel. Just depends on the wheel (whether the face is front mounted, rear mounted, or sandwich mounted). If the fronts are 19x8.75 with 5.25" of backspacing, the offset is +10mm. If the rears are 19x11 with 6.25" of backspacing, the offset is +6mm. You may want to double check the backspacing measurements though, because those offsets sound pretty aggressive.

Also, you can use this calculator to determine wheel offset from backspacing, and vice versa.

http://www.ccwheel.com/technical-converter.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.