E46 Fanatics Forum banner

E90 Style 162 Wheels on an E46?

58K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Rudyg 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm just curious if any one has ever put a set of these on their E46? I don't even know if it is possible, and whether or not they would rub. But heck, if the 18" e46 m3 rims will fit a non-M, i don't see why these wouldn't. I'm not planning on getting a set necessarily. More so I'm interested in how they would look. I eventually plan on getting some new shoes for my car, as my busted up old rashed stock wheels have seen better days. Pics anyone???
-will

See less See more
#6 ·
Personally, I think those wheels belong on the E90 only. But that touring does look very nice. Haven't seen many sedans with this setup though.

#7 ·
I just got one of these set, and put it on my 2001 Coupe, I'll post pic later. :)

#14 ·
Not bad they didn't seem like to heavy of a wheel I'm not sure of the weight but rode very nice.The only reason I had them is I picked them up for 150 bucks off cl and it was a upgrade from the 68's but as far as the looks I think they look better on the tourings or maybe if my car had coilovers and it was tucked it would have done it for me

#16 ·
would love to know if anyone is running four rears (18x8.5 et 37) itd be perfect on a sedan without needing spacers (IMO)

#18 ·
I hv the 18s I would love to see the 19s

#19 ·
Had for about 2 years they fit fine FYI bout to drop with spacers and attempt to stance it

#27 · (Edited)
I'm lowered and run spacers (12mm) all 4 corners on a sedan with style 162's

Fronts 225-40-18

Rears 235-40-18

Note- different tires have different sidewall profiles, so not all tire sizes are equal- and that can be the difference between rubbing or not especially when running spacers, when millimeters count!

GL

#30 ·
No spacers, no problems. I just put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 on with no rubbing. There is one deep dip that I have twice heard a short chirp but it may not be rubbing as I also redid my RTABs and put limiters on the bushings and I may have heard that.
I have had them for a few years now and never had a problem with them rubbing with other brands, so I don't think it is that but even if it is, it is minor as to be inconsequential.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.