E46 Fanatics Forum banner

DAILY UPDATES

6M views 45K replies 4K participants last post by  yjsaabman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to the daily update thread! Post any mods, repairs, whatever you have done to your E46!

Today I

Debadge the trunk lid (roundel still intact)
Added black grills
Yellow fogs
Clear front reflectors (PITA!!!)
6K D2S bulbs

See less See more
#39,402 ·
Dropped $512 at Costco for two new rear tires. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ (255/35ZR19)...

#39,406 ·
you live in whittier, ca? why all season tires
My son goes to school in Flagstaff, AZ, where he found out first hand that 1) rwd sucks in snow and 2) summer tires suck in snow. I go there often, as well as Lake Tahoe where my brother lives.

The upside is that my son inherited a 2002 Dinan S2 325i with 76,000 miles last summer. :D

#39,407 ·
Jeez, 19's are expensive... I got my whole set of Pilot Super Sports for just $150 more

Sent from my 831C using E46Fanatics mobile app
Yeah they are. My son's 2002 Dinan S2 325i has 225/45/17 on style 96 rims and yeah, a set of the same tires in his rim size cost exactly what you just said...

Still, I like my ZCP :)

#39,408 ·
Jeez, 19's are expensive... I got my whole set of Pilot Super Sports for just $150 more

Yeah, and the fitment is tricky. My previous Touring came with a set of staggered 19s, but there was so much camber dialed in to fit them the inside edges of the rears were down to cords while the outsides were nearly new. And with the price of 265/30r19 Generals to match, and the fitment issues at stock ride height I knew they weren't for me. Especially when I had a cup kit to go on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#39,409 ·
Yeah, and the fitment is tricky. My previous Touring came with a set of staggered 19s, but there was so much camber dialed in to fit them the inside edges of the rears were down to cords while the outsides were nearly new. And with the price of 265/30r19 Generals to match, and the fitment issues at stock ride height I knew they weren't for me. Especially when I had a cup kit to go on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Definitely doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. IMO, 19's are too big for a non-M E46 anyways.

Moral of the story: wheels that fit properly are nice to you, your car and your wallet!

#39,411 ·
Definitely doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun. IMO, 19's are too big for a non-M E46 anyways.

Moral of the story: wheels that fit properly are nice to you, your car and your wallet!

You can say that again. I wanted 19s so bad I had to rebuild my entire suspension system around them. Happy with the results but that was a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics mobile app

#39,419 ·
So far on my M3, I've installed a BMW short shift kit with alcantara boot and ZHP knob, clutch stop, smoked fogs, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, ECS Tuning ultimate rear shock mount kit, and a Racing Dynamics strut bar. Cats are bad so I'm installing Euro style exhaust in the summer. Now something else needs replaced (no surprise there). Seems my auxiliary fan is wobbling in it's case. Once, the new one comes in it looks like I'll be removing my bumper for the install. Fun stuff. Hopefully, I'll be able to start buying upgrades instead of repairs sometime soon.

#39,420 ·
The dreaded coolant leak

After months of a slow leak and drip, which turned into a weekly fill up.. and trying to trace the source of a leak.. I gave up parked the car and got to work.. 209,345 on the clock I figured I'd change anything coolant related ..which my pockets could spare .. bought thermostat housing , upper & lower coolant hoses,replaced the temp sensor o-ring since I didn't think I need to sped $45 on another. Began taking apart the car and noticed a small crack on side of radiator neck by expansion tank.. expansion tank, all pulleys and belts were previously changed at 189xxx or so.. (only other time anything was removed ) so didn't think it could have occurred that long ago.. proceeded and took everything out with a new radiator on order for pick up same day.. and man there's was literally coolant marks everywhere under the sun you can think of, needless to say there was some spraying occurring , literally everything is gunked with coolant ..even alternator and belts everything.. I replaced everything as mentioned and proceeded with the steps of refilling and bleeding out any bubbles .. all bolts are tight, even applied a gasket sealer for the thermostat housing , after a week the coolant yellow light came on? I can only I assume I didn't add enough coolant? The only thing I. Priced was a tiny drop under the lower radiator which later stopped , any help will be appreciated