E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Cheap paint job

5K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Japanrot_325i 
#1 ·
I was looking to get a paint job on my 2004 325ci however the costs todo this are beyond my resources. A friend of mine told me I could take the car to a techinical school ( he recommended Lincoln tech) and they would paint it for around $400. I was curious if anyone has ever heard of something like this...it' doesn't sound very legitimate.

#3 · (Edited)
whats wrong with the paint? for that money i can probably give you a better end result than most body shops lol. find a good local detailer & have him go over the car. dont jump the gun & look for a cheap paint job. a talented paint polisher can do wonders for your car.

#9 · (Edited)
Do not go to maaco whatever you do. The paint will be flying off in 3 months. The cheap paint jobs the offer are acrylic enamel single stage(finger nail Polish). No prep no parts removed just taping up the glass and going to town. My suggestion is find a local body shop or detailer and see about getting your whole car sanded and buffed. It will do wonders and will cost no where near a good primer,color,clear paint job.

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.