E46 Fanatics Forum banner

BMW tests new 2.4 liters V8 for Formula 1

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  SD 328I 
#1 ·
Next year Formula 1 will switch from the 3.0 liters V10 engines to 2.4 liters V8 Engines. BMW the first to install the new engine on a chasis and have ran the new engine. I wonder how high will that V8 be able to rev if the current V10 engine rev up to 19k RPMs. :yikes:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/headlines/news/detail/050713194614.shtml

#28 ·
Yes Kimi did short stop on the second pit which put him ahead of michael but look at Ferrari's tires by that time they were already blistering where Kimi's showed some wear but wasnt as bad as Shumi.

I can't believe that it hasnt rained for one race this whole season so far. I would love to see that because Bridgestone has always had better wet tires and Shumi is just a master in the rain.

#29 ·
I don't think BMW buying Sauber was a great idea; it may take them a while to win a championship this way instead of supporting a previous championship winning team like Williams. The new V8s are supposed to rev higher than the V10s, something in the low 20,000 range is expected.

The Williams-Cosworth deal is just for one year, they will switch to Toyota in 07', probably badged as Lexus.

Jenson (if he isn’t forced to drive for Williams) and Rubens at BAR-Honda is a dream team pairing IMO. If Honda gets it right like they did when they partnered McLaren and Williams in the 80s & 90s, this could be a very interesting package next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.