E46 Fanatics Forum banner

**ATTN: Suspension GURU's** I need advice on optimal setup for GC Coils!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  vaio76109 
#1 ·
I recenlty purchased a GC Coil Over setup from NickACS.

It included Koni Yellows, Eibach Springs(500lbs), GC Coil Over thingie, and GC Camber/Caster Plates.

I will be installing this setup on my 2003 330i and was wondering what other items should I purchase to compliment this setup? I don't want to have to replace anything after my install so if there are bushings or shock mounts or anything of that nature, please advise so I can purchase them now and save myself from a headache later.

The car will be tracked approx once every 3 months, but most of my spirited driving will be on/off highway.

I will be running my 19" x8.5 HRE w/ 235/35/19 Michelin PS2 all around on the car so I figure I can SLAM the rear like crazy with no rubbing!

Thanks again in advance and looking forward to reading the responses form this thread.

#3 ·
SLEEP3R said:
youre going to need RSMs. how about some ground control swaybars?
Ok. I will order some RSM's. I already got UUC Sways. Are there any other control arms or busings or stuff like that, that I will need?

#4 ·
if your control arm bushings trailing arm bushings are worn you should replace those. IMO i think the OE design of these bushings are garbage so i would replace those anyways. try treehouse racing (its an e30 brand but i heard theyre now making bushings for the e46 but i havent checked their website) they make some really great stuff or you can always go with TMS and they have bushings for everything.

#5 ·
well if you are going to get into tracking, don't slam it by any mean. GC recommends 13.5" front center of wheel to fender for the front, and 13.0 for the rear. Get it corner balanced once and leave it, but that is if you are going for track set up and not a show set up, which I think is what you are going for by slamming the rear.

#6 ·
STALKER said:
well if you are going to get into tracking, don't slam it by any mean. GC recommends 13.5" front center of wheel to fender for the front, and 13.0 for the rear. Get it corner balanced once and leave it, but that is if you are going for track set up and not a show set up, which I think is what you are going for by slamming the rear.
Not for show at all. Having 235s in the rear, the car will not rub so thats why the lower the better. I hope to eliminate body roll and really get the car setup perfectly for my driving habits.

Thanks,
J :thumbsup:

#7 ·
mt3ch said:
Not for show at all. Having 235s in the rear, the car will not rub so thats why the lower the better. I hope to eliminate body roll and really get the car setup perfectly for my driving habits.

Thanks,
you can run 245s in the rear with no rubbing issues or you can run 235s all around and have a more neutral car.

#9 ·
mt3ch said:

Thanks,
Lower is not always better. You can run out of suspension, and you can also throw off the balance of the car significantly if the rear is "slammed" and the front isnt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.