E46 Fanatics Forum banner

my newsed ZHP better than stock? probably

44K views 134 replies 86 participants last post by  Pupil_Heads 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this with a blown motor

taking her home

then I bought this a month later

then I got this

and then I dropped the car off at RRT in Dulles Virginia and waited patiently.

While waiting I took part in a group buy and got a sweet deal on these

RRT got me the Michelin Pilot Super Sports at TireRack pricing with free shipping woo hoo

I waited some more while Epic Tuning programmed my DME with their tune and more work to stay legit, RPM Motorsports took care of the gauge cluster. I bought a used M3 rear end and the boys welded in the TMS plates and fit it all up. Decided on Borla Midpipes, and they fabricated a magnaflow muffler

Then I got the call SHE was almost done

picked her up today and she's running strong.

It still needs a little work ya know

edit work completed see the windshield wiper fluid reservoir. The mount looks oem with brackets holding. Very robust solution. RRT Fabrication w1n

edit dyno'd today 8/2/2012, not bad for 90+ degree temps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziB8LzjLi7w&feature=player_embedded#!

See less See more
#19 ·
:drool: :drool:
i bet she is running fcuking strong...

looks awesome... wish i could afford to slap one of those in my car. :drool:
WOW. That's awesome. Sleeper :D & very nice choice of wheels
I love how you were just like

"So one day I grabbed a ZHP in my spare time, bout' a month later I picked up an ol' S54, sorta just tossed it in there. Took a while to get back to me so in the meantime I couldn't help but purchase ridiculously sick wheels and tires. And um, yeah to top it all off on my way home from the grocery store I had an f'n sweet exhaust fabricated on. Ya she runs pretty good."

Gawd Damn...
zhp of the year! Nice job
Seriously

This is stuff that people spend years on
WoooooooW
this thread delivered hard :yikes: very nice!
You now have one sick ZMP
Thanks for the nice compliments, I appreciate it :hi:

yep, I did

Gotta build thread ?
this is the build thread lol

very nice. is that the washer fluid tank up in the "druggie" bin?!
yeah, you got it right but it's just a little to big so it's not really in there well. Will probably try to find a slightly smaller one from a e36 perhaps?

The car isn't done yet, in fact I doubt it will ever really be done if you know what I'm saying ;)

#9 ·
Nice

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App

#11 · (Edited)

"So one day I grabbed a ZHP in my spare time, bout' a month later I picked up an ol' S54, sorta just tossed it in there. Took a while to get back to me so in the meantime I couldn't help but purchase ridiculously sick wheels and tires. And um, yeah to top it all off on my way home from the grocery store I had an f'n sweet exhaust fabricated on. Ya she runs pretty good."

Gawd Damn...

#12 ·

"So one day I grabbed a ZHP in my spare time, bout' a month later I picked up an ol' S54, sorta just tossed it in there. Took a while to get back to me so in the meantime I couldn't help buy purchase ridiculously sick wheels and tires. And um, yeah to top it all off on my way home from the grocery store I had an f'n sweet exhaust fabricated on. Ya she runs pretty good."

Gawd Damn...
Seriously

This is stuff that people spend years on

#22 ·
Must send to hpf now

#26 ·
used the ZHP 6speed with JB lightweight flywheel, very similar to what is in the Z4M and used a standard M3 rearend, only difference is the adjustable lower control arms. New bushings all the way around the drive train, went with Bimmerworld solid rubber motor and Rogue tranny mounts, all OEM in the subframe and diff. Definitely transfers some vibes. I have a little extra vibe at 35-40 mph I can feel in the seat, might be the driveshaft which got chopped, or it might just be the solid drivetrain mounts and some harmonic. Not sure, will figure it out. Under 25mph and over 40mph it's smooth as butter so will report back when I figure out what's up with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.