E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #81
erickrayos

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
if you ever drop by SD I would like to see it! I just sold my 325i 2days ago, so I guess imma either just opt in for a M3 or e90 335i.
erickrayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #82
alp330ine

My Ride: 2001 S54 Sedan 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
if you ever drop by SD I would like to see it! I just sold my 325i 2days ago, so I guess imma either just opt in for a M3 or e90 335i.
Thats awesome man! e46 m3? or e90? And sure we can grab a bite to eat or something!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #83
erickrayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by alp330ine View Post
Thats awesome man! e46 m3? or e90? And sure we can grab a bite to eat or something!
oh damn didnt realize by the time you get around here I will be deployed. maybe next time xD

anyways i'll be following this cars progress.
erickrayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #84
JB3

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
I get that way too much lol! Appreciate it!

Me too man! I can't wait to have it done!

So I am planning a cross country trip either in the middle of June or the middle of July. I plan to take a 2 week vacation and drive the S54 Sedan from Raleigh to California with my sister and gf. If anyone has any places they would like to recommend for us to visit I would really appreciate it. Also if anyone wants to check out the car (not drive, no one touches the pedals besides me lol) I am up for it! I will post a full itinerary once its complete. Thanks for looking!
Hey! I am in Raleigh, and I definitely want to check it out in any stage of progress! Found this thread while searching for the red car that is also swapped in Raleigh.

Kudos to you for tackling the swap, good luck!
JB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:23 PM   #85
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
oh damn didnt realize by the time you get around here I will be deployed. maybe next time xD

anyways i'll be following this cars progress.
Appreciate it man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
Hey! I am in Raleigh, and I definitely want to check it out in any stage of progress! Found this thread while searching for the red car that is also swapped in Raleigh.

Kudos to you for tackling the swap, good luck!
Hey man you can send me a pm whenever you want to come by, my doors are open for everyone. Since I am taking summer classes my shop hours are all screwed up haha so just let me know and we can set something up. Thanks!

Alright so don't really have much to update as I have been busy with school, dealership and the shop, but most of the parts will be arriving in the next week or so. The deadline for the swap is July 4th as I will be taking it on a mini road trip before the cross country trip which we have planned to start on July 8th. Thanks for looking!
Old 06-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #86
armykyle1

My Ride: 1999 328i
Awesome work!
armykyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #87
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by armykyle1 View Post
Awesome work!
Thanks!

Alright so time for a few updates! Took out most of the interior, and started to receive parts as well. Ill have a video posted on removing the interior and what not but in the meantime here is a video of me unboxing some of the parts:

And here are a few pictures during and after removing most of the interior:

Thanks for looking and stay tuned, follow me on instagram @ executiveautocollection for more updates
Old 07-12-2015, 12:20 AM   #88
alp330ine

Some updates:

The swap is almost completely done, I spent the better part of the week working on the swap so that I could drive the car to Cali, but as always things did not go to plan and I was not able to finish the swap for the cross-country trip. The car is mechanically complete and I even painted the front/rear bumpers, fenders, and side skirts at 3am on Wednesday, but when I looked over the paint in the morning it ended up being a shade off. The last thing left in the swap is the wiring and coding.

Some other news, I left Raleigh on Thursday evening with the gf and the sis and I've been driving for the past two days with taking 15 min naps every now and then. Tonight we reached Arizona and are spending a night here that way we can go to the Grand Canyons tomorrow. We are stopping at things that look "cool" and of course the major attractions on the way to Cali. We plan on getting to Vegas tomorrow evening and spend the night there then leave to go to LA the night after. I am planning on covering as much of California as I can within the week or so that I am there. If anyone has any suggestions on places to visit or whatever feel free to respond!

I am posting pics on instagram @executiveautocollection if anyone's interested!

Ill post updates on the swap once I am back in Raleigh at the end of July, thanks for looking!
Old 07-19-2015, 12:53 PM   #89
RickyRoss

My Ride: 325i
hell yes! your about to have a little too much fun once your done man.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #90
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRoss View Post
hell yes! your about to have a little too much fun once your done man.
Haha I can't wait!

The roadtrip was amazing, I drove over 7k miles in the past 2 weeks and it was an experience I will never forget. The best part of the trip was driving along the ocean on the pacific coast highway. Even though the trip was fun and all I am behind on work now and will have to put my car on the back burner once again.

One of the main issues I was having with the car prior to the trip was getting it to start even after wiring in the 4 pin clutch switch, I would get nothing more than a click. I will revisit the issue as soon as I get a chance and I will also upload some pictures of the roadtrip. Until then here is a video that the gf edited and posted while I was driving of installing the s54:

Ill be back to update soon, thanks for looking!
Old 07-26-2015, 10:58 AM   #91
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
The subframe looks like a bitch to get in. You had some beautiful help though. How do you get those women interested in working on your BMW?
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:59 AM   #92
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
The subframe looks like a bitch to get in. You had some beautiful help though. How do you get those women interested in working on your BMW?
Haha the one wearing the white shirt is my gf, and the one in the red is my sister who just graduated from NCSU. Both of them have their own e46 you can see my gf's on her instagram @morales.selena . They both were also very excited to go to cali so they were not as against helping in the hot haha, trust it was hard to get the help. My gf is always helping out and she is the one who records and edits the videos as well.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #93
a1lama

My Ride: 330ci
Awesome work man! Looks like you have a great little shop setup!

What are your plans with the Datsun?
a1lama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 PM   #94
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
My gf is always helping out and she is the one who records and edits the videos as well.
Okay, so marry the gf. Don't expect her to have the same passion for auto mechanics after marriage, but the fact that she's willing now means that she's a keeper. She'll always have a passion for you. After almost 32 years of marriage to Mrs. Irish, I see these things.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Miller
I just don't know what I'd do with 560 hp that doesn't involve getting arrested.
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 AM   #95
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1lama View Post
Awesome work man! Looks like you have a great little shop setup!

What are your plans with the Datsun?
Thanks man! I hope to restomod the Datsun eventually, i don't see it happening until next summer when I hire a few people to run the dealership and shop. The plans as of now for it are: VQ or a Vk motor with a 6 speed manual trans, lsd, eliminate all of the rust, nice paint, and a nice interior. We will see what happens when the time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish317 View Post
Okay, so marry the gf. Don't expect her to have the same passion for auto mechanics after marriage, but the fact that she's willing now means that she's a keeper. She'll always have a passion for you. After almost 32 years of marriage to Mrs. Irish, I see these things.
Hahaha we have been together for close to 4 yrs now, she has been with me through it all so I know she will always be there for me and vice versa. I appreciate the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46isbest View Post
Did I read this right that when it's done it will be a E46 sedan with an M3 engine?
Yes it will, I can't wait!

Now here is a video on cleaning the engine and what not before I had put it in:

And here is a video on removing the rear end:

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-27-2015, 03:46 AM   #96
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
Wow great vid on the subframe!

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm)/rear(25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake, Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9 ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods:Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers,Custom Sport Springs,Supreme Power Drop Hats,ZHP 5 speed shift knob
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 PM   #97
alp330ine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander271 View Post
Wow great vid on the subframe!
Thanks man!

I have been procrastinating like crazy to update this thread so I thought I should do so. The car has been running great since August of 2015. I've taken it on several long trips and have just been driving it. I am actually in the process of taking the interior back apart to recover the headliner and what not. I have been making Youtube videos about the car as well as other cars that I work on, on my Youtube Channel. I am anticipating on taking the car to SOWO in Georgia next month so be sure to say hello if you see me. You can also stay up to date with me on instagram @ShopLifeTV.

Here are a few of the videos of the car:

Turning it on for the first time:

A overview that my gf did showing the unfinished car:

Taking the interior apart:

I will upload some pictures and link them here shortly. Thanks for stopping by!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #98
alp330ine

Haven't really updated this thread in a while. I recently moved to SoCal, Alhambra to be exact. I have opened a shop in Alhambra, so if anyone needs any work done or just needs help in general feel free to contact me. Easiest way to reach me is through instagram @ShopLifeTV

I drove the s54 swap car from NC to Cali without any problems. Here's a video of the trip and a mini shop tour:

I also started making videos on diassembling an overheated m54 as well as many other e46 related videos on my youtube channel. Here is one of the most recent disassembly videos:

Thanks for looking
Old 09-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #99
alp330ine

Haven't really updated this thread in a while. I recently moved to SoCal, Alhambra to be exact. I have opened a shop in Alhambra, so if anyone needs any work done or just needs help in general feel free to contact me. Easiest way to reach me is through instagram @ShopLifeTV

I drove the s54 swap car from NC to Cali without any problems. Here's a video of the trip and a mini shop tour:

I also started making videos on diassembling an overheated m54 as well as many other e46 related videos on my youtube channel. Here is one of the most recent disassembly videos:

Thanks for looking
Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #100
erickrayos

man I love my e46 M3 but I always wish it was 4 doors... If I ever have the money (I won't have the time) I would probably have you do a swap hahaha.

Tags
330i, facelift sedan, s54 swap