Help!!!!! No sound from my speakers radio still works - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum

BAVSOUND Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by BAVSOUND

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Luis4810

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Help!!!!! No sound from my speakers radio still works

My speakers don't sound at all my radio is working it shows the radio stations turns on and everything. I been trying to read post on here about the same problem and I already checked my fuses I try disconnecting the battery and leave it for 15 mins and disconnected the amp and waited 1 minute but still no sound the only thing I can think of now is my factory amp if its burn has anyone ever had this problem or can you give me other things I could try before I buy a new factory amp ??
Luis4810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
aldeghij

My Ride: 2003 330i
Is it the Harman Kardon system? If so I had the same problem. Water had leaked into my trunk and ran right down through the amp. Had to buy used one.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Luis4810

I don't know what system it is and where did you buy the amp from ?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Br3tt71

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Help!!!!! No sound from my speakers radio still works

Go on ebay and search for a used amp for your car. I got mine for like $60 I think with a year warranty.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Br3tt71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
aldeghij

My Ride: 2003 330i
Re: Help!!!!! No sound from my speakers radio still works

I got mine at a bmw recycler here in town, cant remember what I paid for it. If it's the Harman kardon system it would say it on the speakers themselves. There would also be an amp in the trunk behind the carpet on the drivers side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Luis4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeghij View Post
I got mine at a bmw recycler here in town, cant remember what I paid for it. If it's the Harman kardon system it would say it on the speakers themselves. There would also be an amp in the trunk behind the carpet on the drivers side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BimmerApp mobile app
Hey yeah I have an hk system is there any way I could be 100% sure that its the amp that's blown ??
Old 07-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
If you're getting no sound from the speakers, but the radio is working that would be the most logical decision. I had the same issues at one point when putting in my new radio, realized the connection to power the amp was loose. Once i fixed that, the speakers worked again.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Luis4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
If you're getting no sound from the speakers, but the radio is working that would be the most logical decision. I had the same issues at one point when putting in my new radio, realized the connection to power the amp was loose. Once i fixed that, the speakers worked again.
Hey thanks, and yeah that would be the most logical thing i will double check it before I go off and buy a new amp because I had a splice connected to the amp signal wire for my other amp I wonder if that could be the problem
Old 07-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis4810 View Post
Hey thanks, and yeah that would be the most logical thing i will double check it before I go off and buy a new amp because I had a splice connected to the amp signal wire for my other amp I wonder if that could be the problem
Definitely could be an issue with the splice, didn't even realize you had done that.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #10
Luis4810

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderGuy05 View Post
Definitely could be an issue with the splice, didn't even realize you had done that.
Yeah I forgot to put that on the post I have 2 12s in my
Trunk but the only wire I'm tapping is the remote wire
Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
You probably blew the amp.mAnyway, I'd check fuses first. Make sure you're getting power to the amp turn on wire from the radio, maybe a voltmeter pinned into your splice.

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
Luis4810

[QUOTE=willsbma;15565685]You probably blew the amp.mAnyway, I'd check fuses first. Make sure you're getting power to the amp turn on wire from the radio, maybe a voltmeter pinned into your splice.[/QUOTE
that was the first think I did and my fuses are fine I just check my splice to the remote wire and it's fine I guess I just need a new amp thanks everyone for your reponses I appreciate it
Old 07-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
willsbma

My Ride: 99 323i
Before you go amp, check the power from the radio to the amp turn on. I'm not exactly sure but I would imagine the radio turning on would send a low voltage signal to the amp thus telling it to turn on. It would make more sense than having the amp on every time the car was on versus just the radio being on. There's probably turn-on circuitry in both amp and radio.

I have P.A. Soft and a 20-pin adapter. Only used it a few times but pm me if you need anything coded!
willsbma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #14
Luis4810

I bought a new amp from eBay replaced the old one and still I have no sound wtf do you think it might be the radio ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsbma View Post
Before you go amp, check the power from the radio to the amp turn on. I'm not exactly sure but I would imagine the radio turning on would send a low voltage signal to the amp thus telling it to turn on. It would make more sense than having the amp on every time the car was on versus just the radio being on. There's probably turn-on circuitry in both amp and radio.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
Luis4810

I changed my amp and still no sound I'm out of ideas of what it could be ? Could it be the radio ?
Old 08-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #16
Dark_Madder

My Ride: 2004 E46 330ci coupe
Frutrated

Not that it helps, but i have the same issue. I bought a new amp and a new head unit and still no audio. It's EXTREMEKY frustrating!

Last edited by Dark_Madder; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 PM.
Dark_Madder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:34 AM   #17
GuidoB

My Ride: BMW E46 330i Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Madder View Post
Not that it helps, but i have the same issue. I bought a new amp and a new head unit and still no audio. It's EXTREMEKY frustrating!
Another one here! My amp is tested and is ok, sometimes i have sound, most of the times i dont. I was planning to find another headunit, but i see that didnt work for you.

Do you have television, if yes, when you select television, does it show mute in the bottom of the screen?

My head unit seems to get stuck in mute mode.. I already cut the mute wire at the amp, but that only worked for a week.

Im not sure what to do...
GuidoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:51 PM   #18
jontizzle

My Ride: 2001 330ci
Woah, same issue happened to me. Installed a new Pioneer unit, it lit up worked and everything but no sound. I also have the HK system. I even tried splicing that white(?) amp signal wire into my head unit but gave up after frustration and just put my old Business CD back in
jontizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:19 PM   #19
eroc75

My Ride: 2004 SGM 330i ZHP
Hey guys.. Another one here. I was actually jamming pretty hard and I pulled into my apartment and set in my parking space till that song went off. And it was turned up pretty damn loud! LOL next time I get in the car, same thing.. Radio is working, CD player is working, zero sound. Did you guys figure any of it out?
eroc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:32 AM   #20
Dark_Madder

My Ride: 2004 E46 330ci coupe
Un.......Real

It was been 4 years. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway. I have not heard sound from my speakers in over 4 years. I commute 2 hours a day and the silence is deafening! I am seriously considering selling my car simply because I cannot figure this out. I've replaced the head unit, the amp, every component in the trunk and even the re-ran a new cable from the amp to the head unit. All fuses are fine. I tried some stupid tricks from YouTube channels that say Turn the Key to on, turn your signal on, turn headlights off, rub your belly and poke a hole in your neck and wait 20 seconds, shoot all the Smurfs that emerge from your dashboard and set a small spring trap for the pink rabbit that lives in the door panel. I am about to kill. For god's sake is there ANY ONE...EVEN THE FREAKING DESIGNER that could possibly have a freakin clue?????? In the meantime, I'll be getting fitted for my straight jacket.

Don't be jealous the voices don't talk to you...
Dark_Madder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amp, e46, no sound, speakers