E46 Fanatics Forum banner

FULL LED Rears

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  ventura_328Ci 
#1 ·
Ok, I asked this question in a different thread, but I didn't get an answer. It seems as if some people are partial to the R/C/R LED tails, which have LED trunk lights, but the Turn signals aren't LED. And the EE Tail lights are full LED, but the 'ugly' trunk lights are bulb based. Not to mention that R/C/R facelift style LED tail lights are only for pre-facelift cars. So my question is:

Is it possible to combine the EE LED tails with the LED trunk lights from the R/C/R led kit to have a full LED rear?

+

=

? (Quick Photoshop to illustrate what I mean)

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol I know it's a bad photoshop, that literally took 2 minutes. If I really wanted it to look better I'd have taken my time to get a better picture and actually taken the time to do it right. I'm actually not that bad, but I was lazy/tired.

Hence 'Quick' photoshop.

don't have an answer to your question but the ones in the first pic look pretty good IMO
The first pic? Yea those are the LED Trunk lights from the LED R/C/R tails, but I wanted to know if it is possible to combine them with the Eagle Eye R/C LED Tails

#3 ·
don't have an answer to your question but the ones in the first pic look pretty good IMO

#6 ·
Ok, a slightly better photoshop:

Original (here you see the 'ugly' difference between LED lights and bulb trunk lights)

#9 ·
Well, if money weren't an issue, one could buy both, and only use the trunk lights from the R/C/R kit and the EE's from the EE kit and call it a day. Then you'd have a set of bulb trunk lights and a set of R/C/R LED's :-D

I don't have a problem with R/C/R LED's, I just think that they look better on facelift cars (which they aren't available for as far as I know). If money were no issue, I'd get a 99-01 prefacelift, get the R/C/R LED tails, then buy the facelifted fenders/lights/hood/bumper. That's even more $$$ though. I know of one member who did it.

#12 ·
And also, you're saying that it isn't possible to buy only trunk lights or only EE lights from you or other sponsors, correct?

#11 · (Edited)
Oh thanks. Will it look sort of like 4ngie's car (can't tell if the trunk lights are LED)?

#13 ·
well umnitza! You need to be working on getting us some inner led lights for the them!!!.. :pimpin:

#22 ·
am i the only one who doesn't like LED tails? :confused: personally i think the clear/red M3/coupe non-LED taillights look the best of them all. they just flow very smoothly and match perfectly with the trunk reverse lights.

one of the main reason why i hate the LED tails is because of those funky red trunk lights they have with the tiny clear section in the middle. that totally ruins the whole look of the taillights in my opinion. i think the OP's suggestion would definitely be the best combination of the LED tails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.